An Old School Catholic Message Board

The flaw of Buddha?

infinitelord1

Christians believe in devine intervention...........Buddha preached that there is no intermediary between mankind and the devine. Would this mean no christ.....no saviour? Any thoughts?

That's one of many flaws in Buddhism. Another problem is the belief that the only good is found in "detachment" -- good and evil are not real concepts.

I don't know if you'll get anyone to debate here on this topic. :)

[quote name='philothea' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:26 PM']That's one of many flaws in Buddhism.  Another problem is the belief that the only good is found in "detachment" -- good and evil are not real concepts.

I don't know if you'll get anyone to debate here on this topic. :)
[right][snapback]727996[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yea i guess we would need a buddhist wouldnt we? At least i get one reply. We could debate about devine intervention though..........to what degree it occurs and such.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:29 PM']yea i guess we would need a buddhist wouldnt we? At least i get one reply. We could debate about devine intervention though..........to what degree it occurs and such.
[right][snapback]728003[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Buddhism and Catholicism are different religions. They are mutually incompatible.