An Old School Catholic Message Board

LittleLes was banned

phatcatholic

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:07 PM']That is, by far, the most stupid thing I have ever read.  </barely a hyperbole>
[right][snapback]727821[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Do you mind explaining to me the point of morallity if there is no god? If your arguement is based on human emotion than it is flawed right off the bat.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:31 PM']Your God was created as a result of an innate, developed sense of morals.  Not vice versa.
[right][snapback]727924[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i would love to argue with you about this.........take it to the other thread though (the one you started).

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:31 PM']Your God was created as a result of an innate, developed sense of morals.  Not vice versa.
[right][snapback]727924[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
innate/developed?

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 05:04 PM']I tried to teach myself archaic Icelandic last summer...due to a nearly complete lack of resources, though, I soon gave up.  I do remember that kostis means thunder though.  I hope you realize how useful that is.  On another note, I too have no stance on (or knowledge of) anything relating to Iceland.  I was just going to BS my way through it if you had decided to give it a go.
[right][snapback]727431[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I like how Icelandic has a word for "the gigantic flood which annihilates your village, caused by a volcano erupting under a glacier."

I saw it on NOVA. After, um, a gigantic flood annihilated a village when a volcano erupted beneath a glacier.

The modern day Icelanders had all thought the word was only for legends.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 07:25 PM']Is there a reason why there is a warn % thingy next to my name when i post? Is it like that for everybody?
[right][snapback]727587[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Everyone has one. You can only see your own, it lets you know how much trouble you've gotten in. lol

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 06:29 PM']nobody wants to argue about morals if you dont believe in god. Its pointless
[right][snapback]727593[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

mmm, I do not mean to contridict you so many times, generally I like your posts, but I have to disagree here.

Morality is a very good place to start to find common ground or at least honestly observe foundations. :)

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Sep 17 2005, 11:35 PM']mmm, I do not mean to contridict you so many times, generally I like your posts, but I have to disagree here.
Morality is a very good place to start to find common ground or at least honestly observe foundations. :)
[right][snapback]728154[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yea i agree.........i guess i should have more compassion towards atheists and their ideal of morallity. If you contradict me with good reason that is fine. I just like to point out that under extreme atheism (i believe there is no such thing)....morallity doesnt exist......its only percieved by man.