An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your all-loving, ever-forgiving God's (cont)

Chris of Zewe

In order to be truly perfect in every way (which is perfection), something would need to be perfectly good, perfectly evil, perfectly sweet, perfectly sour, perfectly A, perfectly -A. It can't happen.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:42 PM']In order to be truly perfect in every way (which is perfection), something would need to be perfectly good, perfectly evil, perfectly sweet, perfectly sour, perfectly A, perfectly -A.  It can't happen.
[right][snapback]728040[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
dont you think evil contradicts perfection? Perfect is used to describe something possitively. Evil is not possitive its negative. You dont use a possitive word to describe something that is negative.

Edited by infinitelord1

evil is completely evil. i guess you cant really designate evil in any incrament.......i.e. partially, half, full, etc. Evil just is because god allowed it. He didnt create it........he allowed it. Are you having problems with the existence of evil?

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:48 PM']dont you think evil contradicts perfection? Perfect is used to describe something possitively. Evil is not possitive its negative. You dont use a possitive word to describe something that is negative.
[right][snapback]728057[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Aside from the fact that morals are completely relative, no, perfect is not. From dictionary.com:

[quote]Pure; undiluted; unmixed[/quote]

Mmkay?

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:42 PM']In order to be truly perfect in every way (which is perfection), something would need to be perfectly good, perfectly evil, perfectly sweet, perfectly sour, perfectly A, perfectly -A.  It can't happen.
[/quote]

Evil is not a perfection, but a privation of perfection. So in a sense it would have to be totally without evil to be perfect.

Congrats, you got it have right. :smokey:

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:53 PM']evil is completely evil. i guess you cant really designate evil in any incrament.......i.e. partially, half, full, etc. Evil just is because god allowed it. He didnt create it........he allowed it. Are you having problems with the existence of evil?
[right][snapback]728075[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Acctually evil is not completely evil. Just being is good. Remember evil is simply a privation. A lack of ordered good. :)

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Sep 17 2005, 11:26 PM']Acctually evil is not completely evil. Just being is good. Remember evil is simply a privation. A lack of ordered good. :)
[right][snapback]728138[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
yep i know.......i corrected myself.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:55 PM']Aside from the fact that morals are completely relative, no, perfect is not.  From dictionary.com:
Mmkay?
[right][snapback]728082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree.........morals are relative to good and evil. Perfection would be something to describe good. So perfection is not relative to morallity.
What are we trying to debate here?

Edited by infinitelord1

We cant prove perfection.........perfection is a belief. To debate about perfection would be to debate about the existence of god since god is the only thing that christians hold to be perfect. you cant say that anythng in this world is perfect.......oh wait......food for thought.........in my last post i said that morallity is not relative to perfection. if i am right......then animals are perfect........and so are the rest of the life forms on this planet since they are not subject to morallity. If animals are not subject to morallity then they would have to be living in god's image right? I guess this would be getting off subject but........animals do things that may be considered immoral to human beings. An example would be homosexual behaviours in animals. There is something missing here in my logic. Maybe it just all boils down to animals not having souls so it doesnt matter what they do.

To go deeper into my thought process..........lets now examine plant life........are plants perfect? What makes them not perfect if they arent? i see them as a life form that is not subject to morallity. What does this make them? Plants would be different than animals. Animals exhibit behaviour. Why would god create something that exhibits behaviour yet it is not subject to morallity? This doesnt make any sense to me.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:55 PM']Aside from the fact that morals are completely relative, no, perfect is not.  From dictionary.com:
Mmkay?
[right][snapback]728082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dear Lord I hope i never believe morals are completely relative, what stops me from going and killing all the jackasses in my life then, or robbing banks for money and killing and raping to my heart's content? :idontknow:

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 04:59 PM']Our lifespans, when compared to eternity, hardly seem like a valid basis to judge us on.
[right][snapback]727302[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
God sees and judges the heart. God is love, just focus on that. Remember the Golden rule? :saint:

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 11:42 PM']In order to be truly perfect in every way (which is perfection), something would need to be perfectly good, perfectly evil, perfectly sweet, perfectly sour, perfectly A, perfectly -A.  It can't happen.
[/quote]
No one can be perfect without Christ and he submitted himself to his Father's will, such is the example.

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Sep 18 2005, 02:59 AM']Dear Lord I hope i never believe morals are completely relative, what stops me from going and killing all the jackasses in my life then, or robbing banks for money and killing and raping to my heart's content? :idontknow:
[right][snapback]728262[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
God is love, to acts as you say means that you do not have the love of God in you.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 11:42 PM']In order to be truly perfect in every way (which is perfection), something would need to be perfectly good, perfectly evil, perfectly sweet, perfectly sour, perfectly A, perfectly -A.  It can't happen.
[/quote]
Did not Jesus say that if you are for me you are against me? If you love God, he will guide you.

As much as I'd love to debate this, I'm not going to take the stance that your God exists in order to be able to argue. Which is what you require.