An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your all-loving, ever-forgiving God's (cont)

Chris of Zewe

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:42 PM']give me an example of nothingness...........if you can.......then we will start talking about god not existing.
[right][snapback]727940[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nothingness? What? Why? Who?

Blind, illogical faith is the easy way out that I was referring to, by the way.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:50 PM']Nothingness? What? Why? Who?

[right][snapback]727945[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
since there is no proof of nothingness existing....you have no reason to believe in nothingness at all......furthermore you have no reason to believe in nothingness after death.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:50 PM']Nothingness? What? Why? Who?

[right][snapback]727945[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
faith is not easy. Its very hard trust me. Havent you ever heard of someone struggling with their faith? You say you are happier now that you are an atheist.........wouldnt that be the easy way out?

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:56 PM']faith is not easy. Its very hard trust me. Havent you ever heard of someone struggling with their faith? You say you are happier now that you are an atheist.........wouldnt that be the easy way out?
[right][snapback]727952[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No. I long for a figure to place on a pedestal and worship, but my brilliance and grasp of reality prevent that. It hurts, you know?

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:57 PM']No.  I long for a figure to place on a pedestal and worship, but my brilliance and grasp of reality prevent that.  It hurts, you know?
[right][snapback]727954[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
so are you provoking people on this website saying the things that you are just to get an answer? Ive been there.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:57 PM']No.  I long for a figure to place on a pedestal and worship, but my brilliance and grasp of reality prevent that.  It hurts, you know?
[right][snapback]727954[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
they say that god is no figure.......you cant place concrete, physical features to yahweh...........he is abstract.

Is there any specific thing that strayed you away from christianity? Feel free to Personal Message me about it if youd like. I may have an idea as to what it may be. Something had to have given you the urge to look for answers.......and to study about about religion and such.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='Socrates' date='Sep 17 2005, 05:05 PM']Intellectual exercise is too much punishment for a mindless troll to take.
[right][snapback]727433[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
<_<

How charitable.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 09:59 PM']so are you provoking people on this website saying the things that you are just to get an answer? Ive been there.
[right][snapback]727958[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Coherent English = instant win.

[quote]they say that god is no figure.......you cant place concrete, physical features to yahweh...........he is abstract.[/quote]

See above.

[quote]  Is there any specific thing that strayed you away from christianity? Feel free to Personal Message me about it if youd like. I may have an idea as to what it may be. Something had to have given you the urge to look for answers.......and to study about about religion and such.[/quote]

Actually no. In 4th grade art class, Monty Dillon explained to me that he did not believe in God. This concept was unthinkable to me, but it opened a lot of new thoughts. A year later, after I realized that it was possible not to believe in God, I abandoned the nonsense based loosely on a bit of logic, and I suppose an urge to rebel. Nonetheless, time went on, I learned many things, I tried out different religions, and even crawled back to Christianity a few times. None if it worked. My grasp of reality was too great for it. And now here I am.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:20 PM']Coherent English = instant win.
See above.
Actually no.  In 4th grade art class, Monty Dillon explained to me that he did not believe in God.  This concept was unthinkable to me, but it opened a lot of new thoughts.  A year later, after I realized that it was possible not to believe in God, I abandoned the nonsense based loosely on a bit of logic, and I suppose an urge to rebel.  Nonetheless, time went on, I learned many things, I tried out different religions, and even crawled back to Christianity a few times.  None if it worked.  My grasp of reality was too great for it.  And now here I am.
[right][snapback]727980[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
being in the 4th grade and making a logical decision? I dont think its possible. So now i know you are here to just cause mischeif. I will only talk to you on AIM.........my screen name is oberfeld21. I will ignore anything else that you post on this website....until you prove to me that you are serious.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:23 PM']being in the 4th grade and making a logical decision? I dont think its possible. So now i know you are here to just cause mischeif. I will only talk to you on AIM.........my screen name is oberfeld21. I will ignore anything else that you post on this website....until you prove to me that you are serious.
[right][snapback]727991[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Funny kiddies.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:29 PM']Funny kiddies.
[right][snapback]728001[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If you would make a statement backed up by why (logically) you believe in such a thing then maybe we could make a discussion. Have it your way though.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:36 PM']If you would make a statement backed up by why (logically) you believe in such a thing then maybe we could make a discussion. Have it your way though.
[right][snapback]728022[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Perfection contradicts itself, let's take it from there.

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:37 PM']Perfection contradicts itself, let's take it from there.
[right][snapback]728026[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
why do you say that?