An Old School Catholic Message Board

women and the workplace

photosynthesis

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 22 2005, 11:53 AM']I'm glad you took vacation and stopped to see me! :clap:

And you're more than right that travelling wtih kids in the car is no luxury vacation, although it has moments when it can be fun. My vacation this year waswith a family I'm friends with, and we took a road trip to sunny North Carolina. Their two boys are 8 and 9, which is actually not too bad to travel with ... but they do have very small bladders.  :lol_roll:

Once we got them some Calvin & Hobbes books to read, though, we only heard the occasional "Are we there yet" out of them. They were great.
[right][snapback]733781[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sounds like traveling with me.

I also have a very small bladder, am incredibly annoying about when we're getting there, and am amused by cartoon books.

Hmm, this may explain why its been a few years since I've been invited on a family vacation.

real estate is a pet peave of mine... because the entire market is designed around a society-of-rentership mentality

(as opposed to a society-of-ownership that I'd like)

it's like... buy it and "own" it and live in it all the while paying payments on it until you finally decide to move...

so did you really own it? sigh... it doesn't seem like it to me!

the prices are so freaking high that they're not even EXPECTED to ever be paid off, you're expected to move long before you do! :wacko:

and they say we can own private property in America <_<
(not that most places aren't ten times worse and more blatent about not letting you own private property)

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Sep 24 2005, 03:22 PM']real estate is a pet peave of mine... because the entire market is designed around a society-of-rentership mentality

(as opposed to a society-of-ownership that I'd like)

it's like... buy it and "own" it and live in it all the while paying payments on it until you finally decide to move...

so did you really own it?  sigh... it doesn't seem like it to me! 

the prices are so freaking high that they're not even EXPECTED to ever be paid off, you're expected to move long before you do!  :wacko:

and they say we can own private property in America <_<
(not that most places aren't ten times worse and more blatent about not letting you own private property)
[right][snapback]736434[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, yes, yes. HSdad and I are working so that one day we will OWN our house. We are a couple years in to a 15 year mortgage. But you're right, in that it's expected that you will never fully pay for it.... On the other hand, owning is better than renting in that you have invested in (hopefully) a property that will increase in value so that when you sell, you get what you put in and a little more.