An Old School Catholic Message Board

Peace Sign

MC Just

Symbol of Anti-christ.

Broken Cross basically saying "no christ, know peace". It represents a lie. That there can be True freedom and Peace without Christ.

Edited by MC Just

Ya, I notice that and I try to explain it to folks, but they completely dont even brother listening, have any solid crediable evidence to back this up?

I believe ya too, just to let ya know.

[url="http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/~lcushing/addpages/PeaceSymbolArticle.html"]I found an article[/url] that explains that the peace symbol, aka the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament logo was invented in 1958 by Gerald Holtom. :hippie:

[quote name='hierochloe' date='Sep 16 2005, 01:02 AM']I've often heard the same about this symbol. How then did it ever come to represent a concept like "peace"?
[right][snapback]725247[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Athiests and Anti-Christians believe we are the cause of the worlds wars and problems, they believe if Christ's message and the church were supressed there would be Peace, this is what Nero believed, Nero had a vision of the symbol. It means "no christ, know peace".

[quote name='Chris of Zewe' date='Sep 17 2005, 02:49 PM']Religion is the cause of every single societal problem in today's world, without exception.  End of story.[/quote]
Yes, religion is to blame for the lack of free parking. Stupid religion. :annoyed:

Religion gives people hope, something to believe in, and SomeOne to lean on during the hard times. It encourages ppl to be better, kinder. Have u heard of organizations like Workcamp, Catholic Charities, Christian Children's Fund, Project Rachel, Rock for Life, and others? If religion does more harm than good, then it guess it's wrong to heal from horrible things happening in your life. One of my friends said that her faith helped her through the death of her sister. And it's through a religious organization that a little friend of mine in Honduras is getting food, clothing, and the opportunity to an education. Also, Mother Teresa, Mohandas Ghandi, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Harriet Tubman, St. Joan of Arc, Albert Einstein, Louis Pasteur, and Pope John Paul II were all religious ppl. Also, my faith helps me get through my day, gives me something to look forward to and encourages me to be kinder than i want to be. What can be wrong with that?

Edited by avemaria40

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Sep 17 2005, 04:15 PM']Religion gives people hope, something to believe in, and SomeOne to lean on during the hard times.  It encourages ppl to be better, kinder.  Have u heard of organizations like Workcamp, Catholic Charities, Christian Children's Fund, Project Rachel, Rock for Life, and others?  If religion does more harm than good, then it guess it's wrong to heal from horrible things happening in your life.  One of my friends said that her faith helped her through the death of her sister.  And it's through a religious organization that a little friend of mine in Honduras is getting food, clothing, and the opportunity to an education.  Also, Mother Teresa, Mohandas Ghandi, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Harriet Tubman, St. Joan of Arc, Albert Einstein, Louis Pasteur, and Pope John Paul II were all religious ppl.  Also, my faith helps me get through my day, gives me something to look forward to and encourages me to be kinder than i want to be.  What can be wrong with that?
[right][snapback]727340[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There's just...so much wrong with that post on so many levels...I could probably write a book on it if I wanted to...not kidding...anyway, I'll briefly address something that really bothers me about your post...

[quote]If religion does more harm than good, then it guess it's wrong to heal from horrible things happening in your life.[/quote]

Deluding yourself is NOT A GOOD THING TO DO. If a loved one dies, fooling yourself into thinking that they're in Heaven, happily grovelling before their Creator isn't going to make anything better. It's just lies. How are lies helpful?? How is all the strife and death caused by these lies helpful??? Are you a Luciferian anarchist?