An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mayor Nagin Blames Bush for Lower Body Count

Lounge Daddy

[quote](2005-09-12) -- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin today blamed President George Bush for the lower-than-expected number of bodies discovered in the receding flood waters, and said it's part of a White House campaign "to prevent black people from getting what they deserve."

Last week, Mayor Nagin predicted that as many as 10,000 corpses would be found due to the Bush administration's slow response to the crisis, however, so far the total number of flood-related deaths is closer to 200.

"We were on track to have the most horrifying natural disaster in America's history," said the mayor, "but Bush knew that would generate huge compassion and lots of cash flowing to this predominantly-black community."

The former cable TV executive said that if the death count remains in the hundreds, rather than thousands, the big question will be 'who benefits?'

"Follow the money," said Mr. Nagin. "Low body-count means less federal aid and less redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor black folks of my city. You don't have to be a cable guy to figure out that this benefits George Bush and his rich cronies."[/quote]
[url="http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/002325.html"]SCRAPPLEFACE[/url]

The leftist news organization NBC yesterday reported some interesting statistics about people's perspectives on the federal response based on race. The poll found that more than 60 percent of black respondents felt help would have come sooner if the victims had been white, while only 30 percent of whites felt that way.

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 15 2005, 05:00 PM'] The poll found that more than 60 percent of black respondents felt help would have come sooner if the victims had been white...
[right][snapback]724605[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
uuugh, now thats just sad :huh:

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Sep 15 2005, 04:15 PM']uuugh,  now thats just sad :huh:
[right][snapback]724638[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wrong though you think they may be, it does illustrate a very interesting difference in perception between black and white citizens.

The other interesting result of the poll was that they found that 19 percent of people think we're prepared for a terrorist attack. I'd like to meet those people, because I don't see how any intelligent person can think that.

IcePrincessKRS

Boo-hoo! beaver dam that GW! More people should have died! And how DARE they get the electricity back on in parts of the city already! They ought to be shot!

Whoa, I was thinking it was an article from The Onion, its just too absurd. Oh boo hoo, only hundreds are dead and the mayor wanted thousands dead? :idontknow: As for the slow response, the govenor had the power to call in the national guard and such. The fact that many of the road, bridges and communication were knocked out didn't help at all.

Next they'll say that Bush started the Hurricane with his secret team of meteoroligical scientists as part of a plot to kill black people. (Much like he was behind the 9-11 attacks)

Lol – a friend of mine caught an interview with Pres Clinton where one reporter (and I thought they screen the reporters – maybe they missed this person) one reporter asked CLINTON if he blew up one of the levees.