An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Daughters of Mary

ThyHolyLove

I guess I've really hit the jackpot with TWO new communtiies I've found! this week!

These are the Franciscan Daughters of Mary and they look really great! Think the Sisters of Life but with a Franciscan focus.... Anyway they wear the Franciscan habit with a gray scapular and veil and do pro-life work.
They have an awsome contemplative side, they pray 4 Offices a day plus Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet!!

[url="http://www.franciscandaughtersofmary.org/"]Franciscan Daughters of Mary[/url] esp. check out the photo album, it shows them all recieving their habits

[quote name='ThyHolyLove' date='Sep 14 2005, 01:46 PM']I guess I've really hit the jackpot with TWO new communtiies I've found! this week!

These are the Franciscan Daughters of Mary and they look really great! Think the Sisters of Life but with a Franciscan focus.... Anyway they wear the Franciscan habit with a gray scapular and veil and do pro-life work.
They have an awsome contemplative side, they pray 4 Offices a day plus Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet!!

[url="http://www.franciscandaughtersofmary.org/"]Franciscan Daughters of Mary[/url] esp. check out the photo album, it shows them all recieving their habits
[right][snapback]723209[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Their habits are kinda messy, aren't they?
It says they are in the Newark archdiocese but the address is in KY?

They were first set-up in New Jersey, but as the order grew they needed more space. The Bishop in KY offered them a convent for their increasing vocations.

Not sure what you mean about the habits though.....

[quote name='Susan' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:44 PM']Their habits are kinda messy, aren't they?
It says they are in the Newark archdiocese but the address is in KY?
[right][snapback]723304[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did you see only the first couple of pictures or something? The first couple were before they received their whimples and veils. They looked quite nice afterwards, though.

They are a Franciscan order, so it's okay if their habits aren't necessarily "pretty." I think it adds to the Franciscan spirit to not have perfect habits (the CFR Sisters aren't totally perfect and Angela was saying that the Poor Clares in Rockford use whatever fabric they get for theirs),

That's true. But I didn't really think they were that messy once I saw the pics of them put together.

We all agree that the PCPA habit is beautiful ;) lolol

Yah, the Poor Clare (Collettines) I'm discerning with, have the brown Habit, however, as Mother B told me, it really depends on the mill of the fabric as to whether they are brown or grey....they just take and use what they can.

• 5 months later...