An Old School Catholic Message Board

Need answer

Briguy

Don John of Austria

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Sep 16 2005, 02:55 AM']You took the words outta my mouth. :D:
We are in the process of selling our house. We have a reputable real estate agent recommended by our loan officer at the bank. Very thorough, upfront, honest woman. Even she suggested burying St. Joseph in our front lawn. She said she's sold more houses than she can count with the aid of St. Joseph, that many of her clients do it. In her words "It works"--and I am not even sure the woman is Catholic! I've already prayed one novena to him, and will keep praying for his intercession in selling our house as quickly as possible.

So anyone wanna buy a house in Steubenville??? 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, brand new furnace. :D: Only 55k!! Slightly rural, so you're out of the city, but literally 5-10 minutes from just about everything. ;)
[right][snapback]725270[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Where are you moving to?

I know that her hubby is off to AIT in the army and leaving in a few days, and if I recall correctly Katie is going to stay with her mom while he is gone.

Thanks to all who answered. I can't say that I understand fully but I understand much better now. It seems by the comments that it is not real wide spread among Catholics. I don't believe those in Heaven, who were people on earth before they died, can hear us on earth, so of course that makes it harder to see how burying a statue and asking St. Joseph for help could really help sell a house, any more then throwing salt over your shoulder could do anything. If indeed the Catholic Church is right and there are exaulted folks in Heaven who are Saints and can hear, then I can see it making a little sense. At least I know now who the statue is of. So, again I say thanks!!

btw, what Joseph are we talking about. The OT famous one, Mary's husband, or a completely different Joseph who is more modern??

In Christ,
Brian

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Briguy' date='Sep 16 2005, 07:35 AM']Thanks to all who answered. I can't say that I understand fully but I understand much better now. It seems by the comments that it is not real wide spread among Catholics. I don't believe those in Heaven, who were people on earth before they died, can hear us on earth, so of course that makes it harder to see how burying a statue and asking St. Joseph for help could really help sell a house, any more then throwing salt over your shoulder could do anything. If indeed the Catholic Church is right and there are exaulted folks in Heaven who are Saints and can hear, then I can see it making a little sense. At least I know now who the statue is of. So, again I say thanks!!

btw, what Joseph are we talking about. The OT famous one, Mary's husband, or a completely different Joseph who is more modern??

In Christ,
Brian
[right][snapback]725318[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Mary's husband the foster father of Jesus.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 16 2005, 07:33 AM']I know that her hubby is off to AIT in the army and leaving in a few days, and if I recall correctly Katie is going to stay with her mom while he is gone.
[right][snapback]725316[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I see. Look how lost you get when you take a Phatmass break.

Eww. Later in the article it mentions someone putting a spell on their house. I hope that's not common... I'd hate to go into an open house and get sick on their freshly steam-cleaned carpet.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Sep 16 2005, 08:24 AM']Eww. Later in the article it mentions someone putting a spell on their house. I hope that's not common... I'd hate to go into an open house and get sick on their freshly steam-cleaned carpet.
[right][snapback]725371[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am amused.