An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don John of Austria...

Era Might

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:40 PM']Ahh also a NL fan and not of the Mets! I knew I liked you.
[right][snapback]723389[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:D:

Now, in the interests of being honest, any sort of sports fanship on my part is an undercurrent in my life at best. I'm never going to know scores, I don't know most of the players names, I don't know names of plays or really any sort of strategy. And, I'm probably never going to sit down, turn on the television, and say, "Hmm, maybe I should watch some sports." But there are some teams for which I have an emotional affinity. They are as follows:

Baseball: Red Sox. I once read a very moving series of columns on the occasion of a major loss, and I was hooked.

Football: Colts. I'm from Indiana, need I say more?

Basketball: Pacers. Same reason as for the Colts.

Hockey: N/a

College: Purdue University and Notre Dame. I realize there's a rivalry there. I don't care.

[quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:39 PM']If I was a Yankees fan, then it would be war.

But as a Mets fan (who can acknowledge that my beloved team STINKS), I think we can manage a friendship, even if it is only when baseball season is over...

[img]http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/tank/MrMet_267x200.jpg[/img]
Mr. Met loves you (and DJ and Cam!)
[right][snapback]723387[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Good. :D:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 15 2005, 08:20 AM']Don John and I are still debating over the year 1986.
[right][snapback]724138[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No debate we were robbed, robbed I say!

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 15 2005, 10:24 AM']No debate we were robbed, robbed I say!
[right][snapback]724139[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Robbed schmobbed!

Just admit you guys messed up BIG TIME!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 15 2005, 10:38 AM']1987 was a better year...
[right][snapback]724149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I don't remember who won in 1987?

:annoyed: (i'm not really annoyed but we have to make this look like a debate so Kilroy doesn't shut us down)

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 15 2005, 08:32 AM']Robbed schmobbed!

Just admit you guys messed up BIG TIME!
[right][snapback]724142[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

We was robbed, stupid umpires!

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 15 2005, 10:48 AM']We was robbed, stupid umpires!
[right][snapback]724157[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Don John, those umpires are professionals and carried out their jobs as well as could be!

:lol:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 15 2005, 08:52 AM']Don John, those umpires are professionals and carried out their jobs as well as could be!
:lol:
[right][snapback]724161[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

no no if it was as well as could be then we would have won, we didn't so obviously they where faulty.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 15 2005, 10:53 AM']no no if it was as well as could be then we would have won, we didn't so obviously they where faulty.
[right][snapback]724162[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
oh DJ, it was because the umps did their job that you didn't win.

They're not just going to hand it to you!

Your team had to work for it!

(teasing you is fun... :P: )

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 15 2005, 08:38 AM']1987 was a better year...
[right][snapback]724149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

'87 was the best year ever!!! The next was 91! (starts singing "Memories")

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 15 2005, 10:58 AM']'87 was the best year ever!!!  The next was 91!  (starts singing "Memories")
[right][snapback]724167[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, then that explains who won!