An Old School Catholic Message Board

Possible Debate

Laudate_Dominum

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 17 2005, 01:10 AM']*contemplating how much I really care about proposed topic*
[right][snapback]726740[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I tried to pick topics that are difficult enough to be interesting, and among the most commonly attacked Catholic teachings. I figure they would be of interest to the most people for this reason. But there are always exceptions I suppose. ;)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 14 2005, 12:22 AM']Or we could debate the need of sacrimental confession for what the Catholic Church views as mortal sins?  Including of course the justification for the consequence of failure to seek the sacriment of confession for them preceding death and why these are "mortal sins."
[right][snapback]722624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
we could. ;)

I'll debate whatever you want, but I must confess: I like my topics better. :hehe:

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Sep 17 2005, 02:19 AM']I'll debate whatever you want, but I must confess: I like my topics better. :hehe:
[right][snapback]726762[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That, sir, is highly debatable. ;)

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Sep 17 2005, 01:58 AM']I tried to pick topics that are difficult enough to be interesting, and among the most commonly attacked Catholic teachings. I figure they would be of interest to the most people for this reason. But there are always exceptions I suppose. ;)
[right][snapback]726760[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Common and important are two different things. I was really tired and when I'm really tired, things like that just don't seem as important. Then again, considering how this late spring/part of summer went, perhaps that is still the kind of topic that would be best to be discussed? I liked the Real Presence one as well, but I do not understand what simply is the sacrifice at mass is and what you meant "drawn" to the sacrifice at calvary and what would be debatable about that.

[quote name='hierochloe' date='Sep 13 2005, 04:35 PM']Well red light does have a longer wavelength than green, would that make it better?
[right][snapback]722081[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:offtopic:

Traffic light colors need to be changed, they are boring.

I would like to suggest (humbly of course) that the new colors be blue, pink and purple.

[quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:13 AM']I am not very familiar with this and do not understand what issues are involved.
[right][snapback]722615[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ecclesiology is the study of what the church is. This would encompass things like how much and what kind of authority the apostles had, is there salvation outside the church, who defines dogma, what consists of the body of revelation, where scriptures came from... it pretty much touches upon all of the topics mentioned earlier. I would put forth that this would be the richest vein to mine, to use a mining analogy.

[url="http://www.premiereinteractive.com/cgi-bin/members.cgi?stream=clips/04/11/thk-interview.wma&site=glennbeck&type=windows_od"]DEBATE??? bwaaaa hahaha - debate this![/url]

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Sep 20 2005, 09:41 PM'][url="http://www.premiereinteractive.com/cgi-bin/members.cgi?stream=clips/04/11/thk-interview.wma&site=glennbeck&type=windows_od"]DEBATE???      bwaaaa hahaha - debate this![/url]
[right][snapback]732167[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
"Only subscribers to Glenn Beck's Streamlink can access Glenn Beck's live radio broadcasts, 30 days of program archives and daily show hightlights."

:(

Laudate_Dominum

[i]We are the bearers of the truth protecting it
so not a single heretic can step to this
O-R-TH-O-D-O-X it is
We hold down the whole truth with excellence[/i]
- Akalyte