An Old School Catholic Message Board

Birth Control Pills

philothea

Thanks everyone, that's all what I had thought too.

Unfortunately, there is no underlying curable cause -- it's just the way I work. I've been this way since I was 12. It pretty much ruined my life. When I finally realized I had a problem I didn't think it was worth trying to fix. Yeah, I'm incapacitated 25% of the time... but I don't do anything important anyway, so it didn't matter.

Now I seem to be getting too old to keep up. The anemia is getting so bad I wind up sleeping all the time, and iron supplements aren't enough. :( I might have to do something, but I want some ideas before I start talking to my nice Catholic doctor about it. I don't have any health insurance, or any income, so this may be interesting.

Ah well. At least it keeps me out of trouble. :) Time to go take a nap!

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Sep 12 2005, 04:47 PM']Any pill that prevents a fertilized egg from implants is an abortifacient.
[right][snapback]720940[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Don't most birth control pills act to prevent implantation as well as fertilization? So, aren't most birth control pills in fact possessed of an abortifacient quality?
I'm not sure where I found this, but I found some doctors for life thing that outlined how the pill really works. I remember it saying that most BC has an abortifacient aspect.

RU-486, for example, prevents implantation to occur by altering the response of the uterine lining to the hormones released by the embryo... in this way, a life is not allowed to implant itself within the uterus and thus it is inevitably expelled in the normal menstrual cycle... in this respect, this BC pill is an abortifacient.

it is true, that most BC pills are indeed abortifacient, ouright, or approach very closely to being so....

RU-486 isn't to prevent implantation, it detaches the baby from the uterine wall and starves the child until he or she is miscarried. The woman ends up giving birth to her dead child.