An Old School Catholic Message Board

Masons helped shape the nation?

Lounge Daddy

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Sep 11 2005, 12:32 AM']How do they know George Washington was a mason?

I wouldn't be suprised if the masons had an influence, but I'm also suspicious if secularists are trying to re-write history.  I'm not a historian, but it's a speculation I have.
[right][snapback]718965[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

George washington was head of a Lodge, it was not a secret. Although there is little evedince that he atttended lodge meeting near the end of his life, during his more influincial years he was an active member.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Sep 13 2005, 02:51 PM']Someone told me that they heard it was now ok to belong to the Masons even if you are a Catholic.  we were both skeptical.
[right][snapback]721972[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No it is not okay to join the masons that has been very recently reenforced by the Cardnial Ratzinger. there was a brief time in the 70's where it was somewhat iffy, but the Vatican later clarified.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 13 2005, 02:56 PM']Masons seem to be more of a cult than Jehovahs Witnesses or Mormons. this is truely a dark day.
[right][snapback]721976[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Why is it dark it IS NOT OKAY TO JOIN THE MASONS!!!!

I wasn't saying that it was okay, matter of fact it kind of brings alittle doupt about the Protestants in General, makes me wanna join the Catholic Faith even more.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:04 PM']I wasn't saying that it was okay, matter of fact it kind of brings alittle doupt about the Protestants in General, makes me wanna join the Catholic Faith even more.
[right][snapback]721988[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I understand, or more to the point I formerly misunderstood.

[url="http://www.catholicherald.com/saunders/01ws/ws011011.htm"]http://www.catholicherald.com/saunders/01ws/ws011011.htm[/url]

here's the answer...

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 11 2005, 02:24 PM']Then why is there a document and portait of George Washington bowing next to his horse in the snowy field all by himself, praying to Jesus?
How they know this is because George Washington wrote the prayer down and was found after he died.
[right][snapback]719477[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know about that also. I'm confused.... :idontknow: