An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being catholic

Semalsia

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 14 2005, 08:07 AM']I know alot of silly Catholics.... :detective:
[right][snapback]722742[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I know myself.... :unsure:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 14 2005, 09:07 AM']I know alot of silly Catholics.... :detective:
[right][snapback]722742[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm certainly one of those...

[quote name='Mikhail' date='Sep 10 2005, 07:35 PM']Well, of course you say that, because you're Catholic. However, Butte is a city full of ex-Catholics and you should hear the things they say about Catholics. I always end up defending them.[right][snapback]718624[/snapback][/right][/quote]

are you from montana?

Well, in my case, it gave me a reason to live...

Testimony alert!

Some years ago in high school, I was about as nominal a Catholic as you can get. I was knee-deep in sin, depressed and didn't care about anything, really. Suicide was contemplated, but not seriously. It seemed a valid choice. A bunch of my friends kept bugging me to say the Rosary w/ them, but it didn't mean anything to me. A little extra homework at lunch was worth more to me than that.

So, around Mardi Gras, a couple of them invited me to see one of the biggest ones, and I said sure. (You know, Endymion...which I had just told my parents I didn't feel like going w/ them.) Well, when I meet them, there were 15 people w/ them. Half of them were girls! At this time, I was lucky to see one of those rare beauties. (Go all guys high schools!) We hung out at the parade, as I expected.

After, we went back to one's house, and a choice was presented to me, clear as day. Some people were in the other room, and we were in the den. The people in the den started talking about how cool this retreat had been. Their eyes sparkled with a joy that I didn't know. As they were discussing, one guy came from the other room, reporting that another had some sort of episode and to start praying for him. They needed three or four guys to hold him down and he was foaming at the mouth. Every head in the room went down in prayer. Needless to say, I was freaked out. This devil stuff and this God stuff was REAL...

Afterwards, I couldn't drive home. After a while, I decided to try and drive, and got into a fender-bender. That was the final straw. I gave God a chance and haven't looked back. It's a struggle every day, and has been for the last eight years or so. However, there's JOY. There's purpose. There's LOVE. There's peace. For me, it's living as a Catholic Christian or death. It's Jesus or nothing. There is no longer any turning back.