An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being catholic

Semalsia

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 10 2005, 08:52 PM']Defend Catholics and it's not long until you become one.

Just ask Brother Adam. :P:
[right][snapback]718635[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So are you saying theres hope for me. :D: I defend Catholics as best as I can.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Sep 10 2005, 07:50 PM']Right on Dudette.

I wouldn't ever say that you have to be Catholic to have faith, but I would say that being Catholic is arguably better. I mean, c'mon, like Era Might posted "The Catholic Church is like a thick steak, a glass of red wine, and a good cigar" --GK Chesterton. :D: It doesn't get any better than that, and if you don't like cigars, substitute it for a nice baked potato. :P:
[right][snapback]718582[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

YES YES AND DID I SAY YES?

I am a CC (cradle Catholic) left the Church for awhile and came back.

The Church is my "battery." The Mass, Sacraments, Rosary, daily prayer, reading the Bible, going to Adoration, the Crucifix (big) that I wear. Going from day to day all of this keeps me energized to go out and try again.

One year of my life I had 5 relatives die and 1 friend. I was fired from 2 jobs and divorced without my knowledge (long story). It it wasn't for my faith I don't know how I would have reacted. As it was I spent alot of time in church, TALKING (interiorly jumping, screaming, crying, ranting and raving) to God.

What I love about the Catholic Faith is that it is "bloody" in my opinion.
It meets you where you are. It doesn't require that you "clean up'" first.
You can come as you are.

I like cigars. The smell reminds me of my Grandfather.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 11 2005, 03:22 AM']So are you saying theres hope for me. :D: I defend Catholics as best as I can.
[right][snapback]719072[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
definitely hope for you bro!! ;)

To the Catholic Church there is nothing that you can compare. Yes, you can be Protestant and have faith, but why settle for a faith that is riddled with half truths and heresy?

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come." - John 16:13 RSV

[img]http://www.catholicposters.com/shop/images/products/fullimages/268.jpg[/img]

The Catholic faith gave me 100% assurance, that what I believe was true. Before that, it was difficult for me to discern between truth and lie. It's one less thing I have to worry about now, since I belong to a faith that has withstood the test of time, 2,000 years of divine teaching from Christ.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 11 2005, 09:32 AM']To the Catholic Church there is nothing that you can compare. Yes, you can be Protestant and have faith, but why settle for a faith that is riddled with half truths and heresy?
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come." - John 16:13 RSV

[img]http://www.catholicposters.com/shop/images/products/fullimages/268.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]719194[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I been in the Church and I have been out of the Church. IN IS BETTER.

Not being Catholic is like wearing one shoe, why wear one when two is better.

Did anyone besides me :) understand that?

[quote name='Semalsia' date='Sep 11 2005, 04:31 PM']I don't have one.
[right][snapback]719590[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Have you ever?

[quote]To the Catholic Church there is nothing that you can compare. Yes, you can be Protestant and have faith, but why settle for a faith that is riddled with half truths and heresy?[/quote]

That's why I don't[i] settle[/i] for Protestantism. It's always why I don't settle for Catholicism as well.

Perhaps we can then help clear up any misunderstandings, because there are no 'half-truths or heresy" in the Catholic Church. What do you disagree with?

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 10 2005, 08:52 PM']Defend Catholics and it's not long until you become one.
[right][snapback]718635[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
^_^ I hear ya...

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Catholic mass is a whole bunch better to than any protestant service. Ive been to a lutheran services many times. a baptist funeral and some prysbeterian stuff, oh yeah and anglican as well. Mass is a lot better.

and we catholics have the truth.