An Old School Catholic Message Board

dimensions

Laudate_Dominum

For the record, I'm letting go of my previous distinction between philosophy and science based on three different threads, numerous posts by many folks including DJ, and lots of thought on the matter in the last 24 hours.

I still hold that science and philosophy are not interchangeable terms in today's english language. I think that what we refer to as science today remains a specific subset of that which we refer to as philosophy.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='hierochloe' date='Sep 10 2005, 11:33 AM']For the record, I'm letting go of my previous distinction between philosophy and science based on three different threads, numerous posts by many folks including DJ, and lots of thought on the matter in the last 24 hours.

I still hold that science and philosophy are not interchangeable terms in today's english language. I think that what we refer to as science today remains a specific subset of that which we refer to as philosophy.
[right][snapback]718112[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

oh I would agree they are not interchangable. I would say simply science is a philosophy it is one that lets us make neat stuff but it is still simply a pilosophy.