An Old School Catholic Message Board

NFP

Brother Adam

NFP:  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 8 2005, 04:58 PM']Yes. The poll was made somewhat in haste. I can take a fair guess at the one person who choose C :P
[right][snapback]716066[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

really I can't.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 8 2005, 05:58 PM']Yes. The poll was made somewhat in haste. I can take a fair guess at the one person who choose C :P
[right][snapback]716066[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you need to add an exception to the third option to take away its ambiguity. It could go either way, really. depends on your point of view. NFP when used specifically to avoid children is contraceptive, so that statement would be true...but the statement could also be considered false if one started out with a wider view of what NFP actually is, as in #2. so if one took it for granted that NFP, when used properly, isn't contraception, they might overlook how that 3rd statement actually says exactly the truth...ie that NFP used to avoid children (without any grave circumstances mentioned) is contraceptive.

I am bored and playing at semantics

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 8 2005, 06:04 PM']Well I wasn't thinking of your name... but it doesn't matter.
[right][snapback]716083[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have not voted yet. Not sure what to pick. It depends on how the choices are interpreted.