An Old School Catholic Message Board

doing bad........

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

i think people do things all the time that are bad and feel no remorse. The big question here is can you do something bad, knowingly, and feel good about it? I think the best example is homosexuality. You have a group of people who have been told that what they are doing is wrong but yet they insist on living there lifestyle claiming they are truelly happy.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Sep 7 2005, 03:01 AM']i think people do things all the time that are bad and feel no remorse. The big question here is can you do something bad, knowingly, and feel good about it? I think the best example is homosexuality. You have a group of people who have been told that what they are doing is wrong but yet they insist on living there lifestyle claiming they are truelly happy.
[right][snapback]714145[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
also depends on the situations

like with my situations

i hate my flight commander

i made this pie with sardines, mayo, ketchup, pickles, beans, mustard, chedar coagulated milk topped it with whipped cream and i had a grahaam cracker crust

now when i hit him in the face with that pie that felt so good so awesome

and i felt no remorse.

if i still lived in jersey city new jersey and i'm not in the military he would get it far worse than that and if i was still unorthodox

sin often feels good, but it is never and will never be good. efelings are often very misleading. many things feel good but are wrong. if you make judgements based on feelings you will end up living a very self-centered life.

[quote name='infinitelord1']You have a group of people who have been told that what they are doing is wrong but yet they insist on living there lifestyle claiming they are truelly happy.
[/quote]

I don't know if anyone is truly happy. But if there is anything even close to it, I think important part of it is first to accept yourself the way you are. If you can't stand the way you are, there's little hope of being happy. Everything else comes after that.

And about doing wrong. I don't believe anyone actualy does deliberately that which they themselfs think is wrong. They think that it's the right thing to do and so are also happy with their actions. So if you stop thinking what you like to do as wrong, you'll be much happier.