An Old School Catholic Message Board

Curious

FlyLikeABird

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Sep 5 2005, 11:54 AM']Wooooo wee. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  :blink:
[right][snapback]711942[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Response:

Yes. But some have to remain reality oriented. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. ;)

But, I agree. Being an illusion-dweller is a lot more fun. It make you feel good all over, too. :cool:

If only it were true. Sadly, there is no move to greater holieness among the youth, just a move to more unholy charades in North Florida. As much as Little Les is my anti-theses, he(?) makes a point. Sad but true. The day we get an indult Mass in this city, I will say there is a change, until then, no.

God bless,
Mikey

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Sep 5 2005, 02:09 PM']DOMINUS VOBISCUM! :)
[right][snapback]712131[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So, who are you agreeing with? :)

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 5 2005, 11:53 AM']Again, I agree. I attend a Tridentine Mass avery Sunday and it is beautiful! The mass itself is held in great reverence and is very traditional (no altar girls, inscence, the priest facing the atlar instead of the people ect.) [/quote]
I wish I could go to a Tridentine Mass each Sunday. :) That's awesome.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 5 2005, 11:53 AM']I also want to ask how people think about the priest facing the altar instead of the congregation. What do you think about that? I feel that is the best way because the priest is leading the people through the Consecration and giving that sacrifice to God with the people and with him at the head. He is not giving the sacrifice to the people which is what it looks like whn he faces the people.[right][snapback]711940[/snapback][/right][/quote]
The first time I went to the Tridentine and saw the priest facing the altar, it was a little different, but I didn't think it hindered my focus on the consecration. You are still able to see the Host when the Priest elevates it. The second time I went to the Tridentine, it started to make more sense, especially because I saw how the Priest and the acolytes were bowing down in reverence before the Eucharist. What really struck me then is how the Priest is really leading the congregation in adoration of the Eucharist. I had such a sense of awe at that moment like I've never had before at Mass. It all just started to make sense, and because of that, I think I really do prefer it when the Priest faces the altar.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Colleen' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:23 PM']The first time I went to the Tridentine and saw the priest facing the altar, it was a little different, but I didn't think it hindered my focus on the consecration. You are still able to see the Host when the Priest elevates it. The second time I went to the Tridentine, it started to make more sense, especially because I saw how the Priest and the acolytes were bowing down in reverence before the Eucharist. What really struck me then is how the Priest is really leading the congregation in adoration of the Eucharist. I had such a sense of awe at that moment like I've never had before at Mass. It all just started to make sense, and because of that, I think I really do prefer it when the Priest faces the altar.
[right][snapback]712211[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Exactly!!! It is like you are reading my thoughts which, I opologize, I cant really put in words at times. :)

But, that whole idea is very beautiful, isnt it?

God Bless,
Kristina

Ora et Labora

Yes, I am very blessed to be able to go to the only Tridentine Mass in the Houston area. It is a pure blessing which I am very thankful for. :)

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:27 PM']Exactly!!! It is like you are reading my thoughts which, I opologize, I cant really put in words at times.  :)

But, that whole idea is very beautiful, isnt it?[right][snapback]712215[/snapback][/right][/quote]
Yes, it is!

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:29 PM']Yes, I am very blessed to be able to go to the only Tridentine Mass in the Houston area. It is a pure blessing which I am very thankful for. :)
[right][snapback]712217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That's really awesome. Yeah, I think the nearest one to me is in Chicago, which is too far to go regularly, especially with gas costing as much as it does now. I've thought about asking the Archbishop if it would be possible to have one said in our area, but I don't know anyone in my area besides myself who likes the Tridentine.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Colleen' date='Sep 5 2005, 04:10 PM']Yes, it is!
That's really awesome. Yeah, I think the nearest one to me is in Chicago, which is too far to go regularly, especially with gas costing as much as it does now. I've thought about asking the Archbishop if it would be possible to have one said in our area, but I don't know anyone in my area besides myself who likes the Tridentine.
[right][snapback]712253[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, thats great that your trying to get one going. :) And also I heard that when you travel a big distance (1 hour or more ect.) you recieve special indulgances.

But, I know it! Gas prices are outrages!!!

Ora et Labora

Sorry, I didnt word that right...you recieve special indulgances for traveling, to go to a mass you prefer and feel closer to God in that particular rite.

Is that better? *blush*

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 5 2005, 11:53 AM']I also want to ask how people think about the priest facing the altar instead of the congregation. What do you think about that? I feel that is the best way because the priest is leading the people through the Consecration and giving that sacrifice to God with the people and with him at the head. He is not giving the sacrifice to the people which is what it looks like whn he faces the people.

God Bless,
Kristina
[right][snapback]711940[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think [i]ad orientem[/i] Masses are great. I've only ever been to Novus Ordo Masses, but the priest at my school faces East a couple times a week and I'm really starting to like it more than facing the people. When I reverted about two years ago I always would wonder why the priest faced us when the prayers were addressed to God. Even if he looks at the ceiling, it still seems to me that he's talking to us. With him turned around, it just makes so much more sense.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:07 PM']So, who are you agreeing with?  :)
[right][snapback]712195[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

the fact that all these people are more traditional! its great!

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Wynd' date='Sep 5 2005, 04:45 PM']I think [i]ad orientem[/i] Masses are great.  I've only ever been to Novus Ordo Masses, but the priest at my school faces East a couple times a week and I'm really starting to like it more than facing the people.  When I reverted about two years ago I always would wonder why the priest faced us when the prayers were addressed to God.  Even if he looks at the ceiling, it still seems to me that he's talking to us.  With him turned around, it just makes so much more sense.
[right][snapback]712285[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thats really neat! :)

Ora et Labora

Thats great how all these young people (like myself and Sam) are becoming interested in different kinds of masses and studies the Catholic Faith! I think it will make a big difference in the long run. :)

I just wanted to share that...*blush*