An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will everything happen again ?

how long will Heaven last after we die........i know the bible says for eternity and eternity is forever and ever.......but will this then FINALLYYYY come to an end one day...........resulting in everything happing over again the exact same way it did before.......therefore in essence........me sitting here and typeing this question may have happend several times already without my knowlege of it.............i saw k-pax a while ago and that is sorta wut that move was implicateing........good flick by the say :cool:

Edited by Guest

But what about the physical universe. Time is a property of the physical universe, and since matter cannot be created nor destroyed, what happens to it?

(Playing Devil's Advocate here)

That has an End, one way or another, people's souls will be outside of time in the end, and even before that, at our own deaths. Ethier, we will be with God or Seperated from Him.

Edited by White Knight

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 5 2005, 01:40 AM']That has an End, one way or another, people's souls will be outside of time in the end, and even before that, at our own deaths. Ethier, we will be with God or Seperated from Him.
[right][snapback]711503[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

cool cool that makes sence :)
i hear like one day with god is like a 1000 years on earth....or something like that.......so i figured mabey time still exist in one way or another....

Well think about it if eternity was merged with time, and if time ended, its a oxy-moron, because eternity means forever, and time has a beginning and end. but eternity never ends. and if eternity and time were merged as one, then everything would cease to exist and eternity would cancel itself out. because time and eternity would end if they were one. but since they are two different realms of existance one starts and ends, the other starts and never ends.

Edited by White Knight

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='RC_' date='Sep 5 2005, 01:28 AM']But what about the physical universe.  Time is a property of the physical universe, and since matter cannot be created nor destroyed, what happens to it?

[right][snapback]711485[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Just as God can create matter [i]ex nihilo[/i], so too can he destroy it. However, I would like to remind the people discussing this that at the End of Time, a new heaven and a new earth will be created, to persist eternally, where we will regain our bodies in a glorified form.

We are not gnostics - heaven is not the destruction of the physical.

argent_paladin

The new heaven and new earth will be perfect, of course. And by definition, perfection means complete, unchanging. If it changed (got older, worn down, etc) then it would no longer be perfect, which is impossible. Same with us. We will be like God, in the sense that we will participate in his perfection.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='RC_' date='Sep 5 2005, 01:28 AM']But what about the physical universe.  Time is a property of the physical universe, and since matter cannot be created nor destroyed, what happens to it?

[right][snapback]711485[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
but matter can be created and destroyed, yourabout 100 years out of date my friend.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='JeffCR07' date='Sep 5 2005, 08:31 AM']Just as God can create matter [i]ex nihilo[/i], so too can he destroy it. However, I would like to remind the people discussing this that at the End of Time, a new heaven and a new earth will be created, to persist eternally, where we will regain our bodies in a glorified form.

We are not gnostics - heaven is not the destruction of the physical.
[right][snapback]711718[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thank you now I don't have to say it.

[quote name='argent_paladin' date='Sep 5 2005, 10:27 PM']The new heaven and new earth will be perfect, of course. And by definition, perfection means complete, unchanging. If it changed (got older, worn down, etc) then it would no longer be perfect, which is impossible. Same with us. We will be like God, in the sense that we will participate in his perfection.
[right][snapback]712625[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amen to that.