An Old School Catholic Message Board

Men who act like women, Women, who act like men.

White Knight

Women who act too Masculine and Men who act too Feminine is this a shycological problem or a Spiritual problem? or can it be both?

Because when this tends to happen your usually dealing with alternate sexual prefered folk, those who are bisexual or homosexual.

How can one reconigize which problem it is, and how can you change it? for the better?

Conclusive Result: [b]Men sould act like Men, Women sould act like Women it sould not be the other way around.[/b]

Honestly this is God's way. Women sould not try to be Men, and Men sould NOT be like Women.

Thanks and God Bless.

sorry to disagree here...

but who is to say how each individual should act? I am a guy, but don't know lots of stereotypical guy things such as cars, many sports, etc...I do however know lots about entertainment, music, movies, style, etc...

i personally believe that the LORD would want you to celebrate who you are in your individuality! :)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='P3chrmd' date='Sep 4 2005, 03:26 AM']sorry to disagree here...

but who is to say how each individual should act? I am a guy, but don't know lots of stereotypical guy things such as cars, many sports, etc...I do however know lots about entertainment, music, movies, style, etc...

i personally believe that the LORD would want you to celebrate who you are in your individuality!  :)
[right][snapback]710442[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Being a guy is not defined by liking cars or sports. It's defined by chivalry, sacrifice, leadership, charity, etc.

I do not, however, think that sexual orientation has as much to do with this as is implied.

However, men and women have naturally different approaches. For instance, we can look at the nature of women to feel the need to be nurturing. Men, rather, feel the need to advise and lead. When a person has a problem, a man who is generally more masculine will do less of "oh, it'll be okay" and more of, "okay...let's look at the options." A woman, however, will generally do more of the "oh, it'll be okay." When I go to a woman with a problem, and she starts being like, "okay...let's look at the options," I tend to say, "you know, I've already thought of all the options...I just need a hug."

Men are called to act as Christ acted for the Church. Women are called to act as the Church acts for Christ. What do we have, then?

Men-called to sacrifice, leadership, headship, chivalry, love and respect of womanhood and all women, willingness to give up their whole lives for their wives, teaching their children and others in the way of faith in a paternalistic role (giving the faith and outlining it), humility (in order to lead properly and not lord it over), willingness never to let the wife fall, etc.

Women-called to love, humility (in order to follow and trust), trust, hope, willingness never to give up (as the Church persists), comforting, nurturing, ever-faithful, disciplining, caring for spiritual children by supporting and preserving the faith in them, overing herself completely over to the husband (so that she may all the more receive him, who must offer the same to her), etc.

There are some things in these lists that people may misunderstand and say, "well...but both men and women have to do that..." This is true. Both men and women are images of God, and thus, must act as God does, but in a special and particular way, there are certain subcharacteristics which are traits of men and women respectively (more in how they exercise a certain virtue than in what virtue they exercise).

This is all as I see it. I yield to the Church.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Sep 4 2005, 10:11 AM']Men have to love cars or they are damned! its that simple

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]710516[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: So Jesus, having never seen a car, was damned? :unsure:

...or does saying, "dude, that chariot is a SWEET ride!" count?

Men and women are not defined by liking cars or liking shopping and so on. They are defined by how Micah said it. By their inner nature.

So then how does one react to a person who decided that they, for whatever reason, are in the 'wrong' body and go through surgery to change their features to resemble the sex that they think they are.

Pax

Sam,

What I find most humorous about your response is that you're not even old enough to drive!!!

(at least in most states...)

infinitelord1

women who act like men makes me laugh. They do a very terrible job. They arent strong enough and they try to act like an alpha male but they just aint dominant enough. I think these type things start at childhood. They could have been made fun of in one specific instance and they started to feel like they acted like men. Or they could have been insecure about how pretty they are so they rebelled and figured they would be better off trying to look and be a man who likes women. my moms life partner is built like a linebacker............i have no idea why she is. she also has these really nasty looking veins hanging out of her legs. I think she would have had better chances trying to get a female rather than a male........i thiink she thinks the same way.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='Quietfire' date='Sep 4 2005, 09:56 AM']So then how does one react to a person who decided that they, for whatever reason, are in the 'wrong' body and go through surgery to change their features to resemble the sex that they think they are.

Pax
[right][snapback]710553[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Some people are born this way.

They have the characteristics of a man/woman yet they have the genetic makeup of a woman/man. I have seen an episode of this. I think that it would be ok in this instance. I do not however agree when it is not genetic and it is just thought.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 4 2005, 01:51 AM']Women who act too Masculine and Men who act too Feminine is this a shycological problem or a Spiritual problem? or can it be both?
Because when this tends to happen your usually dealing with alternate sexual prefered folk, those who are bisexual or homosexual.
How can one reconigize which problem it is, and how can you change it? for the better?

Conclusive Result: [b]Men sould act like Men, Women sould act like Women it sould not be the other way around.[/b]

Honestly this is God's way. Women sould not try to be Men, and Men sould NOT be like Women.
Thanks and God Bless.
[right][snapback]710431[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The psychological and spiritual in human beings are closely related, and can't always be separated into independent categories. Psychology effects spirituality and vice versa.

I agree, effeminate behavior in men and masculine behavior in women, including but not limited to homosexuality, is a psychological and spiritual problem, whatever its roots are (usually psychological).