An Old School Catholic Message Board

God's Judgement and Pagan Nations

MC Just

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've now had so many hurricanes and tropical storms, They're getting greek letters. And yet no scripture passage.

I know DJ has been absent for a while but couldn't Kilroy just ask for chapter and verse and post it? Enquiring minds want to know!

Either that or admit that no passage exists

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Oct 23 2005, 10:56 AM']We've now had so many hurricanes and tropical storms, They're getting greek letters.  And yet no scripture passage. 

I know DJ has been absent for a while but couldn't Kilroy just ask for chapter and verse and post it?  Enquiring minds want to know!

Either that or admit that no passage exists
[right][snapback]768073[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hmmmm.....I wonder..... :nocomment:

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Oct 31 2005, 11:27 PM']Can I keep making fun of hot stuff until he gets the passage? :mario:
[right][snapback]775509[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh absolutely!

• 10 months later...

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='728506' date='Sep 18 2005, 12:36 PM']
Haven't forgotten planed to write it tonight.
[/quote]

Dj

Happy belated birthday. Nice to see you're back

and bump.

Or just admit that there is no such verse.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1065109' date='Sep 17 2006, 01:33 PM']
Dj

Happy belated birthday. Nice to see you're back
and bump.
Or just admit that there is no such verse.
[/quote]

No No--- I must admit Jamie--- I really like your tenacity (sp?) I was just htinking about the fact that I hadn't ever gotten back with you. It was rude. I appologize. I will get back with you as soon as I can.

• 4 years later...
KnightofChrist

The below passage is likely the passage Don John is referring too, I only know of it because it is an example of the people of God being a Remnant. The remnant here would be the poor who were left behind after God's chastisement of Jerusalem at the hands of Nabuchodonosor because of the sins of the Kings and the people of Jerusalem. It does not say however that the rich escaped the chastisement in that they certainly did not escape captivity. The rich and well to be were actually the ones taken into captivity.
[b]
4th Book Of Kings 24:8-20[/b]

[8] Joachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, a and he reigned three months in Jerusalem: the name of his mother was Nohesta the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.[9] And he did evil before the Lord, according to all that his father had done. [10] At that time the servants of Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon came up against Jerusalem, and the city was surrounded with their forts.

[11] And Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon came to the city with his servants to assault it. [12] And Joachin king of Juda went out to the king of Babylon, he and his mother, and his servants, and his nobles, and his eunuchs: and the king of Babylon received him in the eighth year of his reign. [13] And he brought out from thence all the treasures of the house of the Lord, and the treasures of the king's house: and he cut in pieces all the vessels of gold which Solomon king of Israel had made in the temple of the Lord, according to the word of the Lord. [14] And he carried away all Jerusalem, and all the princes, and all the valiant men of the army, to the number of ten thousand into captivity: and every artificer and smith: and none were left, but the poor sort of the people of the land. [15] And he carried away Joachin into Babylon, and the king's mother, and the king's wives, and his eunuchs: and the judges of the land he carried into captivity from Jerusalem into Babylon.

[16] And all the strong men, seven thousand, and the artificers, and the smiths a thousand, all that were valiant men and fit for war: and the king of Babylon led them captives into Babylon. [17] And he appointed Matthanias his uncle in his stead: and called his name Sedecias. [18] Sedecias was one and twenty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem: the name of his mother was Amital, the daughter of Jeremias of Lobna. [19] And he did evil before the Lord, according to all that Joakim had done. [20] For the Lord was angry against Jerusalem and against Juda, till he cast them out from his face: and Sedecias revolted from the king of Babylon.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1306979595' post='2249024']
The below passage is likely the passage Don John is referring too, I only know of it because it is an example of the people of God being a Remnant. The remnant here would be the poor who were left behind after God's chastisement of Jerusalem at the hands of Nabuchodonosor because of the sins of the Kings and the people of Jerusalem. It does not say however that the rich escaped the chastisement in that they certainly did not escape captivity. The rich and well to be were actually the ones taken into captivity.
[b]
4th Book Of Kings 24:8-20[/b]

[8] Joachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, a and he reigned three months in Jerusalem: the name of his mother was Nohesta the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.[9] And he did evil before the Lord, according to all that his father had done. [10] At that time the servants of Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon came up against Jerusalem, and the city was surrounded with their forts.

[11] And Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon came to the city with his servants to assault it. [12] And Joachin king of Juda went out to the king of Babylon, he and his mother, and his servants, and his nobles, and his eunuchs: and the king of Babylon received him in the eighth year of his reign. [13] And he brought out from thence all the treasures of the house of the Lord, and the treasures of the king's house: and he cut in pieces all the vessels of gold which Solomon king of Israel had made in the temple of the Lord, according to the word of the Lord. [14] And he carried away all Jerusalem, and all the princes, and all the valiant men of the army, to the number of ten thousand into captivity: and every artificer and smith: and none were left, but the poor sort of the people of the land. [15] And he carried away Joachin into Babylon, and the king's mother, and the king's wives, and his eunuchs: and the judges of the land he carried into captivity from Jerusalem into Babylon.

[16] And all the strong men, seven thousand, and the artificers, and the smiths a thousand, all that were valiant men and fit for war: and the king of Babylon led them captives into Babylon. [17] And he appointed Matthanias his uncle in his stead: and called his name Sedecias. [18] Sedecias was one and twenty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem: the name of his mother was Amital, the daughter of Jeremias of Lobna. [19] And he did evil before the Lord, according to all that Joakim had done. [20] For the Lord was angry against Jerusalem and against Juda, till he cast them out from his face: and Sedecias revolted from the king of Babylon.
[/quote]

So then this could not be what he is referring to.