An Old School Catholic Message Board

God's Judgement and Pagan Nations

MC Just

Don John of Austria

[quote name='angels111' date='Sep 18 2005, 12:08 PM']You are the voice of reason.
[right][snapback]728529[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Really? I thought that was a rather unreasonable post for Era Might, precisly because he went of on a tirad but gave no reasons. Was N.O. not decadent? Are Hurccaines not acts of God? Is not God offened by sin? I didn't quite understand theppoint of the whole post.

Kilroy the Ninja

Guess again. He found it. He's sat down several times to try and write out his response and I've called him away (just about) everytime for something or another. It's been busy around here, and it's fixin to get busier since it seems we may be preparing for a hurricane.

I'll let him know you're looking for it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='Sep 20 2005, 12:15 AM']Guess again.  He found it.  He's sat down several times to try and write out his response and I've called him away (just about) everytime for something or another.  It's been busy around here, and it's fixin to get busier since it seems we may be preparing for a hurricane.

I'll let him know you're looking for it.
[right][snapback]730786[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Glad everyone's safe

Just give me a chapter and verse. Kilroy could even do it for him.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 28 2005, 03:19 PM']Glad everyone's safe

Just give me a chapter and verse.  Kilroy could even do it for him.
[right][snapback]740096[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd like to know too.....I am waiting with baited breath on this one.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 18 2005, 12:58 PM'] Is not God offened by sin?
[right][snapback]728554[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

oh no not now a days!!! sin isnt sin anymore their just little mistakes. Apparently people dont read the scriptures or understand them, what about when christ said
Matthew 5:29-30 pluck out our eyes or cut off our hands if they cause us to sin. "It is better to enter heaven blind and lame," he says, "than to have a healthy body and be cast into hell."

now a day were just called to hold hands and ignore the consequences of sin.

Edited by MC Just

[quote name='MC Just' date='Sep 28 2005, 06:40 PM']oh no not now a days!!! sin isnt sin anymore their just little mistakes. Apparently people dont read the scriptures or understand them, what about when christ said
Matthew 5:29-30  pluck out our eyes or cut off our hands if they cause us to sin. "It is better to enter heaven blind and lame," he says, "than to have a healthy body and be cast into hell."

now a day were just called to hold hands and ignore the consequences of sin.
[right][snapback]740257[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And apparently we should all be maimed, either that or the idea of an allegory has been lost on MC Just.

Christ is not imploring us to lop off a body part, but rather understand our faults and understand the seriousness of them. While we are to be mindful of our failings, what is the point of this whole allegorical passage from Matthew.....

[quote name='Matt. 5:44-45']But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you:  That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust.[/quote]

God will not abandon his people.....God will love his people and give them every chance to repent.

What does Christ go on to say?

[quote name='Matt. 7:1-5'] [b]Judge not, that you may not be judged,  For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.[/b]  Any why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye?  Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye?  Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.[/quote]

So, MC Just, heed the words of Christ.....ALL of them.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:04 AM']So you're saying that Katrina was a chastisement from God?
[right][snapback]711636[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Lol i love people like you. If you lived at the time when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorroh(sp?) you would probably say, "Oh, did you hear about the random meteor shower that destroyed those cities?" :lol_pound:

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:23 PM']At least we're getting scripture passages. 

Its one step closer
[right][snapback]740610[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Interestingly enough....we are not getting the response from a certain someone....hmmmm....perhaps that bible is too thick?

So, what is the deal? Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Proverbs, or Ezechiel....cash for a reprieve....hmmmm? Interesting thought.....erroneous.

Still waiting.

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Sep 29 2005, 12:13 AM']Lol i love people like you. If you lived at the time when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorroh(sp?) you would probably say, "Oh, did you hear about the random meteor shower that destroyed those cities?" :lol_pound:
[right][snapback]740664[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Knowing hot stuff the way I do, he wouldn't have said that :annoyed:

He'd have said, "The meterological predictions placed the meteor shower, 5 miles outside of town, however, the winds shifted, cuz God sneezed, and Sodom and Gomorrah were hit pretty hard. In other news, a woman was turned to salt today when she turned around. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes...."

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:13 PM']Lol i love people like you. If you lived at the time when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorroh(sp?) you would probably say, "Oh, did you hear about the random meteor shower that destroyed those cities?" :lol_pound:
[right][snapback]740664[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes child, I'm questioning whether the hurricane (now plural) is a chastisement from God.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:24 PM']Knowing hot stuff the way I do, he wouldn't have said that  :annoyed:

He'd have said, "The meterological predictions placed the meteor shower, 5 miles outside of town, however, the winds shifted, cuz God sneezed, and Sodom and Gomorrah were hit pretty hard.  In other news, a woman was turned to salt today when she turned around.  I wouldn't want to be in her shoes...."
[right][snapback]740676[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:24 PM']Yes child, I'm questioning whether the hurricane (now plural) is a chastisement from God.
[right][snapback]740677[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you O Enlightener. Please, continue feeding me wisdom as I sit at your feet attentively worshiping every word that passes over your tongue :)