An Old School Catholic Message Board

A thread for non-Catholics

Myles Domini

I phatmass bc you guys are my only Catholic connection, and deeply desire to learn more.
I usually stay out of the Debate Table....everyone is mean and talks in circles, people take themselves WAY to seriously, it seems the more educated some of them are the more ignorant they get.
Ooops...didn't mean to rant....I was just reading another post that got me all fired up! Sorry.
I am just gonna go hang out in open mic....or maybe converts anonymous.
There is a reason I don't use spell chcker you know.

Catholicism seems like the best answer to what everyone has been asking, Even protestants are ignorant of this, which is why there so much bashing toward the faith and Church, because people do this out of ignorance.

At times I like to use this line quoted by Liem Nesslon "Even if you Succeed, its a hard life." I know being alive is hard, even if your not a Christian Catholic or even a Catholic.

[quote name='Mikhail' date='Sep 7 2005, 01:31 AM']Because you went crazy.....that's why you left.
[right][snapback]714032[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

mhmmm, sure. :rolleyes:

franciscanheart

I feel tension. I see rudeness.

Oh right back on topic....

I'm Catholic but I enjoy the interaction with the non-Catholics. I've been wondering.... are there any Jewish people here? That would be neat. I have so many Jewish friends. I love them!

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Sep 7 2005, 09:02 AM']I feel tension. I see rudeness.
[right][snapback]714179[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

tension no, rudeness, probably. Sorry about that.

I've never bashed the Catholic church, and I'm certainly not ignorant of it.

Miriam, it wasn't me who said you went crazy. You were the one who flew off the handle to the site admin and almost got herself banned.

No tension here. Probably a lot of rudeness though. See, Miriam and I often see eye to eye.

Guest enquirer

[quote]Yeah, I'm curious what impression you got at school.[/quote]

I suppose the impression I got was that catholicism was a set of rules that you had to follow blindly, often with no understanding of why the rules existed or how they should be applied. A lot of my friends at school seemed to have been taught that these rules were never to be broken or questioned at a very young age, and as a result felt immensely guilty when they started to think about what they'd been taught and what they believed. Hope that makes sense.