An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bishop Fellay

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

I meant it is absurd to take that quote as meaning the Holy Father is weak, and I stand by that assertion that it is an absurd idea. There are crisises within the Church. We should pray that the Holy Father should have the strength to deal with them. That's not speculation, that's just the precise words of Fellay: "the sspx prays that the Holy Father can find the strength to put an end to the crisis of the Church in 'restoring all things in Christ'."

that's all they said... and I join with the sspx on that prayer. while they may have some faulty motives and understandings behind it, it is a good prayer.

I also hope and pray (and really do believe) that Benedict will be a lot more pastoral here than you are showing yourself to be in regards to this issue. there are real issues here, real confusions here, real problems here. just because the SSPX was wrong to schism doesn't mean authentic problems shouldn't be dealt with.

anyway, I know the Orthodox is a much different situation, but I used that example to show that lifting an excommunication is not an admission that the excommunicated person was RIGHT. declaring an excommunication invalid would be saying they were right.

lfiting the excommunication on lefebvre and pals is not saying they were never justly excommunicated, it's saying that now we're re-communicating.

anyway, that's right, I don't want to start an argument. why? because

#1 this is open mic

#2 you are mighty mighty cam42 and you are always right. <_< so you'll just keep repeating what you just said as if I should've just bowed down the first time you said it.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Aug 31 2005, 11:42 AM']I meant it is absurd to take that quote as meaning the Holy Father is weak, and I stand by that assertion that it is an absurd idea.  There are crisises within the Church.  We should pray that the Holy Father should have the strength to deal with them.  That's not speculation, that's just the precise words of Fellay: "the sspx prays  that the Holy Father can find the strength to put an end to the crisis of the Church in 'restoring all things in Christ'."

that's all they said... and I join with the sspx on that prayer.  while they may have some faulty motives and understandings behind it, it is a good prayer.

I also hope and pray (and really do believe) that Benedict will be a lot more pastoral here than you are showing yourself to be in regards to this issue.  there are real issues here, real confusions here, real problems here.  just because the SSPX was wrong to schism doesn't mean authentic problems shouldn't be dealt with.

anyway, I know the Orthodox is a much different situation, but I used that example to show that lifting an excommunication is not an admission that the excommunicated person was RIGHT.  declaring an excommunication invalid would be saying they were right.

lfiting the excommunication on lefebvre and pals is not saying they were never justly excommunicated, it's saying that now we're re-communicating.

anyway, that's right, I don't want to start an argument.  why?  because

#1 this is open mic

#2 you are mighty mighty cam42 and you are always right.  <_< so you'll just keep repeating what you just said as if I should've just bowed down the first time you said it.
[right][snapback]706213[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I love, LUV, LOVE, the charity....thanks for that. Keep building those bridges Al.... :ninja: