An Old School Catholic Message Board

Atheists don't exist

Mikhail

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:28 PM']sorry but i think its safe for me to say that you dont know there is a god for a fact. You must have a high level of faith to make such a statement.
[right][snapback]697906[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I dont think its your place to decide that.

infinitelord1

semalsia,

weve talked about the miracle at fatima, spain before. 70,000 people witnessed the same thing. Its safe to say that you are denying god.

infinitelord1

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:30 PM']I dont think its your place to decide that.
[right][snapback]697909[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
you may be right.........its just my belief thats all. I think that when you make a statement like " I know there is a god" that you have to be able to prove it in order for it to become a fact.

Edited by infinitelord1

infinitelord1

i just editted my last post fidei.........please read. How am i baffling you? I see me assertions as being very logical. Can you prove them otherwise?

Fidei Defensor

If you personally have all the proof you need for God, someone does not and is not required to prove it to you as well. Sometimes, not all proof can be accepted by everyone, nor is it necesarily proof to everyone.

Once you experience the love that is Christ, you have all the proof you need, even if it does not seem logical.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Semalsia' date='Aug 24 2005, 06:54 PM'][quote name='Mikhail']No, I know there is a God. There is a difference.[/quote]

Ok. But there is a chance that you are wrong. You think it's a very small one and I think it's huge. Or are you saying that there isn't even itsy-bitsy doubt about God?
[right][snapback]697734[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
ive heard that very religous people have doubted god at least once in their lives. If you are asking people if they currently have any doubt towards god that is a different thing.

infinitelord1

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:37 PM']If you personally have all the proof you need for God, someone does not and is not required to prove it to you as well.  Sometimes, not all proof can be accepted by everyone, nor is it necesarily proof to everyone.
[right][snapback]697916[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
which means that it is not proof. Alls i was saying is that if you make the statement "There is a god".........a factual like statement............then i think you need to back it up with proof. Its different than just saying "I believe in god". If you are saying that i was being harsh on that person for what he/she said then yea i am. Its something i struggle with. And i am sorry Mikheal if i have offended your belief system.

Edited by infinitelord1

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:38 PM']which means that it is not proof.
[right][snapback]697918[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think you missed the whole point of my post.

Not all proof is something that everyone accepts.

There is plenty of proof. But anyone can deny proof, misunderstand proof, or not know enough to understand why it is proof. It is possible to have personal proof, that only you can understand in light of grace from God.

infinitelord1

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:40 PM']I think you missed the whole point of my post.

Not all proof is something that everyone accepts.

There is plenty of proof.  But anyone can deny proof,  misunderstand proof, or not know enough to understand why it is proof.  It is possible to have personal proof, that only you can understand in light of grace from God.
[right][snapback]697920[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
sorry but i disagree............there are things that suggest his existence but there is no proof. evidence and proof are two different things.

Edited by infinitelord1

Fidei Defensor

It frustrates me when people demand you to give them factual proof when you claim to know God exists.

Bud, there isnt enough factual proof in the world that could prove anything. The real proof is knowing Christ and his love and mercy. You will need no other convincing then. That is why we can say we know God exists.

infinitelord1

first of all i personally am not demanding proof from anyone at this very moment. you can prove without uncertainty that 2+2=4.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 24 2005, 10:48 PM']for something to be proof doesnt it have to be universal?
[right][snapback]697934[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You are still not getting my point, so I will quite attempting at it.

Once you know Jesus, you know God exists.

I am finished here. I tried, yet failed.