An Old School Catholic Message Board

What faith would you be?

blueufo7

If lived on a remote island that didn't know about Christianity, what faith would you be?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

infinitelord1

[quote name='thedude' date='Aug 22 2005, 03:58 PM']Without divine revelation I would be a deist.
[right][snapback]694534[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
tell me about this divine revelation you speak of.

son_of_angels

I suggest you study St. Thomas Aquinas. He gives a better definition of "divine revelation" or "divine science," as he sometimes calls it, than any of us probably could.

I still think I would probably worship the dead if I had no knowledge of any other religion, dead animals, dead people, dead batteries, etc.

Presumably the remote island in question has knowledge of the established religions mentioned in the survey.

That's why I questioned "Muslim" -- since their faith references Christianity.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:28 AM']tell me about this divine revelation you speak of.
[right][snapback]695153[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Christianity and Judaism are revelations. You don't use reason to prove that Jesus had 12 Apostles, ect.

This is kind of a silly poll - why would there be all these other organized world religions on a desert Island which has not heard of Christ?

If not Catholic, I'd probably be some bloodthirsty pagan savage.

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Aug 24 2005, 01:33 PM']I'd be mormon.
[right][snapback]697333[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Gosh!!

cmotherofpirl
:o [quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Aug 24 2005, 02:33 PM']I'd be mormon.
[right][snapback]697333[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I would likely be whatever the local religion was or succum (sp?) to whichever missionary or other belifs I came in contact with made more sense to me.

I don't know what a simple answer to this would be, but if I was raised in a non-religious home, I'd be a deist. God makes sense but one that is more involved in my life takes a little more. I might be like some kind of new-agey mix believing in God, maybe someday Jewish if I had people to discuss that with.