An Old School Catholic Message Board

Giving Communion to non-Catholics

Pennypacker11

[quote name='JP2Iloveyou' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:31 PM']OK.  Could you guys please post exactly what Canons 844 and 846 say for those of us who are interested yet have no copy of the CIC?

Thanks in advance.
[right][snapback]695074[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I already quoted Can 844. And I believe that 846 is in reference to CCC 846, which I just posted.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

its online....

[url="http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/canon/"]http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/canon/[/url]

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Or if you accept the Vatican's [url="http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_INDEX.HTM"]version[/url], which is the definitive version.

Here is a great site by [url="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/enpeters/index.html"]Edward Peters, JCD.[/url]

[quote]you can't be more Catholic than the Pope.[/quote]

is that reffering to ALL popes or this Pope?

just wondering,

sam

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Aug 22 2005, 09:42 PM']that is ubsurd. Just because he is a cardinal dosen't mean he is always correct when he makes descisions. are you going to follow Benedict blindly! JP2 kissed the Koran and he was the Pope!
i read the entire thread. When a Canon from the Code of canon law denies a Dogma it must be opposed. Hmmmmmmmmm just because you are a Cardinal dosen't mean you can't comitte a sin.

i don't understand why you psudeo-Catholics hold the hierarchy in such esteem. they are human and fallen too. they commite sins as well.
[right][snapback]695030[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Look, 14 yo kid. You are giving a simplistic answer to a complicated question and not seeing the whole picture. And what's with calling me a 'sic' "psudeo-Catholics"?
YOu didn't really think about your answer. Consider the requirements for a sin to be considered a mortal sin. Then consider the knowledge, intelligence, and character of Ratzinger and the action.
With that in mind, consider the Canon law qualifications shown to you and how they relate to the Cardinal and this person.

it dosen't matter the canon law requirments. that canon contradicts Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:02 AM']it dosen't matter the canon law requirments. that canon contradicts Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
[right][snapback]695117[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Perhaps if you study, you will learn......I hope that is the case. You have a lot to learn.

Can. 844 is the definitive teaching. Everything else is abrogated. End of story.

but by giving non-catholics the sacraments what do you hope to achieve if they cannon't be saved?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:18 PM']but by giving non-catholics the sacraments what do you hope to achieve if they cannon't be saved?
[right][snapback]695141[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Are you taking on the role of God, to judge who will and will not be saved?

You clearly lack understanding of what Extra ecclesiam nulla salus means.

im not a feenyist

It is an error to say that] "in the worship of any religion whatever, men can find the way to eternal salvation, and can attain eternal salvation."
- Pope Pius IX, Syllabus of Errors, Error #16, Dec. 8, 1864.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:24 PM']im not a feenyist
[right][snapback]695149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I never accused you of being one. But from your [u]statements[/u], it appears that you take on an attitude that only Catholics are saved.

basically..........

read the edit

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:24 PM']im not a feenyist

It is an error to say that] "in the worship of any religion whatever, men can find the way to eternal salvation, and can attain eternal salvation."
- Pope Pius IX, Syllabus of Errors, Error #16, Dec. 8, 1864.
[right][snapback]695149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It is true that by no other religion can you obtain salvation, but that does not mean Jesus himself cannot give them salvation, given the circumstances (which is why I am feeling that you do not properly understand extra ecclesiam nulla salus)