An Old School Catholic Message Board

human milk

Catholic Fanatic

Aside from the health and other concerns, how much alone would the weirdness of drinking mass produced human breast milk directly from women steer you from drinking the milk over cow milk?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my bro and i were skinny babies and we were both breastfed and didn't one of the posters point out that bottlefed babies get overweight more easily since formula isn't tailored for the baby's age like breast milk is?

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 29 2005, 09:23 AM']I had three of the skinniest babies ever and they were all breastfed. :)
[right][snapback]703526[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ditto... well, 2 kids at any rate. lol Genevieve is my "fat" baby and she's still skinny. She just has chubbier cheeks.

cmotherofpirl

Breastfed babies are usually skinnier than bottle babies because they are not getting too many calories.

They also smell better :)

Edited by cmotherofpirl

homeschoolmom

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 29 2005, 03:13 PM']They also smell better :)
[right][snapback]703947[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amen. Formula puke and poo is very smelly.

homeschoolmom

BTW, while I am a proponant of breatfeeding, (not in the way that this thread started out...), I am not militant about it. So, if anyone here has chosen bottle feeding, that's okee dokey with me...

IcePrincessKRS

^^^ Same here. I have known enough women who couldn't or didn't breastfeed for a multitude of reasons, I'm not going to look down on or judge anyone who I see giving their baby a bottle. You just don't know their reasons why.

Now when I hear people say things that really are selfish reasons ("I want my breasts to still look nice" or something dumb like that), then I get a little cynical, but those people don't surface very often. lol

cmotherofpirl

It reminds me of the people who eat organic food but use birth control pills. Their food must be pure but they pollute their body with man-made hormones. Some women fuss and fuss over their babies diaper rash, but feed them stuff made by a chemical company.

Just can't see why you don't use the equipment God gave you....its not just there to fill out bikinis tops. :)

Breastfeeding is nature's way. Numerous studies have shown how breastfeeding benefits the helath of the growing child. It also helps naturally space babies and has psychological benefits to mother and child.
All this has been well-documented in scientific studies.

A woman's breasts are a beautiful creation of God!

Amen Socrates! And cmom, u are absolutely right! Also, i don't understand why on MTV, it's OK for a woman to immodestly show off her body but if a woman decides to nurse in public, ppl complain and tell her to stop, forcing women to have to feed their child in a bathroom and forcing law makers to pass laws saying that nursing is not indecent exposure (we shouldn't have to have these laws, ppl need to get a grip!)