An Old School Catholic Message Board

What is the biggest problem facing today?

Apathy

In the present world, which is the biggest threat to human hapiness and salvation? or Which sin or error do you believe history will attribute to this current generation?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1377144' date='Sep 3 2007, 04:19 PM']It all boils down to Apathy. Without Apathy, none of the other problems would be all that significant. It is the fault of Apathy.[/quote]

GrandPa was saying just that. The only reasons those other problems have gained so much ground, is that no one cared enough to stop them.

Yet when my big brother War gets going with his friends Chaos and Havoc, I don't think anyone could stop them.

Whatever.
<_<

Sure, just keep blaming it all on me. Yet my twin brother Sloth didn't do any good in the last hundred years or so or ever.

I just don't care enough that I don't care and don't even care that you care. Time for a nap.
:yawn:

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Lil Red' post='690548' date='Aug 19 2005, 01:07 PM']i think the theology of liberalism promotes all that other jazz[/quote]

ditto.

no moral values, that is the problem.
sex it is seen normal,
like example young people now at days kiss their girlfriends lips instead their cheeks what if she is not your future wife what if she is some one elses?
that in mexico it is seen as amoral. it is disrespect.

also profanity it is seen normal in anywhere in the world when it is actually not even for expressions now when people use "o my G** " they are using it in vain even for expression the lord's name is sacred and holy i wonder where is respect.
people do not see it as a problem anymore because

A: his/her perants never thought their children
B: they removed it from their concince by a friend or some one, that it is in vain.
c: just becasue they do not really care

another is
dar*, freeki**, what the He**?

we should not substitute a made up word for a cus word at all because it has the same intension wich equals the same word.

now people even if it is old they do not stand for the teacher or when a lady comes in the room or near you we guys do not stand and stay sitting down.(for this one God will not punish. but still it is morals it is very important to distinguish each others honor roll.)

moral values are disapearing but it won't disapear what ever we whant to do. because God will punish these people. they are there for some reason.

We are catholics not protestant or other religions we are not hee to make our lives easy or conftable but to honor, serve God, and he never promiused us to live an easy life. so this is societys probelm that they do not like the hole idea of life it is made by preassure.

protestants and other religions do not live according to God. humility is hard for them they do not confess to a priest because they do not belive that he represents God on earth. they are too proud to admit their mistakes
they might live here conftable but what about the next world.
it is not God's will for us to be lazy and sit watch tv 24/7 we have many people to help to enjoy and to live by.

there is part of the culture that we must remove and change it to God's culture
in order to live by his will.

humility is the biggest problem in society of all the world including my home town.

Edited by eperez874

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1377144' date='Sep 3 2007, 05:19 PM']It all boils down to Apathy. Without Apathy, none of the other problems would be all that significant. It is the fault of Apathy.[/quote]
Dude, now you're goona get GrandPa all "I told you so" on Apathy... <_<

[quote name='Apathy' post='1377202' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:34 PM']GrandPa was saying just that. The only reasons those other problems have gained so much ground, is that no one cared enough to stop them.

Yet when my big brother War gets going with his friends Chaos and Havoc, I don't think anyone could stop them.

Whatever.
<_<

Sure, just keep blaming it all on me. Yet my twin brother Sloth didn't do any good in the last hundred years or so or ever.

I just don't care enough that I don't care and don't even care that you care. Time for a nap.
:yawn:[/quote]
Nap sounds goood :)

[quote name='eperez874' post='1377234' date='Sep 3 2007, 07:12 PM']...
humility is the biggest problem in society of all the world including my home town.[/quote]
That last line sums it all up. Amen, brotha! :)

Most of the responses are missing the logic of Apathy's response. The point he's making is tha any problem will continue to grow and become bigger and bigger when 'apathy' immobilizes us and keeps us from doing anything about it. T-bone got it. This is a 'trick' question you will get in and ethics course. Apathy is a fundamental aid to all problems, whether is greed, lust, modernization, etc.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1377777' date='Sep 4 2007, 10:58 AM']Most of the responses are missing the logic of Apathy's response. The point he's making is tha any problem will continue to grow and become bigger and bigger when 'apathy' immobilizes us and keeps us from doing anything about it. T-bone got it. This is a 'trick' question you will get in and ethics course. Apathy is a fundamental aid to all problems, whether is greed, lust, modernization, etc.[/quote]

We must all fear evil men, but the greatest evil is when good men do nothing.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1377781' date='Sep 4 2007, 12:06 PM']We must all fear evil men, but the greatest evil is when good men do nothing.[/quote]

What about when bad men do nothing? :huh:
Is that good?

Whatever. Sloth says hi by the way.

dairygirl4u2c

i find it ironic that i saw that apathy had posted when perusing the phorum. then i was like... who's that, and what thread is this... and it happened to be "the biggest problem facing us" thread.
ie apathy is the biggest problem ?

[quote name='Apathy' post='1377800' date='Sep 4 2007, 11:27 AM']What about when bad men do nothing? :huh:
Is that good?
Whatever. Sloth says hi by the way.[/quote]

The lack of goodness is bad. But since badness doesn't really exist, the lack of badness isn't good.