An Old School Catholic Message Board

Murder and Killing A huge Difference between them.

White Knight

RandomProddy

Killing --> the action of causing a living thing to die.
Murder --> the premeditated, intentional, illegal killing of a human being.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Mikhail' date='Aug 19 2005, 04:57 PM']I used to take the Anabaptist view of nonresistance. I could still debate it very well even though I don't practice it. It states that all killing is wrong. Of course, you are not accountable for accidental killing, but killing to defend yourself, killing to protect your country, etc, is all wrong.
[right][snapback]690911[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have an obligation to protect myself, my children, and my country.

White Knight

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Aug 21 2005, 07:44 PM']Without reopening that debate, I believe it has to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.
[right][snapback]693491[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ahhh okay.

Like I said, I no longer hold that view. However, I can see why many people do and it is still hard for me to justify killing of humans for any reason, simply because it was so ingrained in me as I was raised. Like I said, I can play devil's advocate. (I'm studying to be a lawyer.) :-)

• 2 weeks later...

But what if a prisons gets too full? why spend more money to build more, when you can keep the prisons maintained, by excuting the guilty, but give them as many chances to come to Christ, as we can give, before excuting them.

Don John of Austria

It's quite simple

Murder the killing of a Human Being, who has not Forfieted their life, with the intention of killing them. This would apply even if it were just to infact kill them; if that is the intention ( rather than some morally correct intention, ie. to save the innocent, to bring justice, etc) it is then Murder. Someone can forfiet there right to live by unjustly threatening the life of another.

Killing -- well its just killing, there is nothing wrong or right about it, Killing can be Just, it can even be morally obligatory, it can also of course be murder, it depends on the case and the intent of the killer.