An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blasphemy

Mrvoll

Not if it refers to God's word.

Really, some people are too quick with the Protestant-bashing.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Socrates' date='Aug 18 2005, 08:17 PM']Really, some people are too quick with the Protestant-bashing.
[right][snapback]689595[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yep...

• 4 weeks later...

A debate never finished nor answered, I'm bumping this thread up so people may be able to view it and actually get something out of it.

Don John of Austria

Well protestantism is in and of itself a corruption of what is good and a perversion of Christ Church. It should be destroyed with out mercy, so I'm not sure that it is possible to protestant bash to quickly. Still I don't think this statement is Blasphemous, it is however a shameless rip off.

At the same time for purposes of evangelization, ecumenism, and catechesis we should treat our Protestant brethren not with disdain but love, leading them in charity to the "love that never ends" (CCC 25). I never see a reason to blatently attack some error when instead we can clarify Catholic teaching. Instead of merely saying that the Protestant teaching on the Eucharist is in error, teach the beauty and truth of what we believe the Eucharist is. It was not catechesis such as Ironmonk used that won me for Christ's true Church. If you've never had a chance to read Catechesi Tradendea or "The Mystery we Proclaim" they are highly recommended by the catechetical staff here.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 08:25 AM']Well protestantism is in and of itself a corruption of what is good and a perversion of  Christ Church. It should be destroyed with out mercy, so I'm not sure that it is possible to protestant bash to quickly. Still I don't think this statement is Blasphemous, it is however a shameless rip off.
[right][snapback]725373[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow! You are so right!

Edited by Mrvoll

"Thou shall not live on bread alone but on the very word of the Mouth of God."

To quote a famous source ... (Though i might have a few of the words mixed up)

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Sep 16 2005, 08:25 AM']Well protestantism is in and of itself a corruption of what is good and a perversion of  Christ Church. It should be destroyed with out mercy, so I'm not sure that it is possible to protestant bash to quickly. Still I don't think this statement is Blasphemous, it is however a shameless rip off.
[right][snapback]725373[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Can a protestant make it into heaven, or any non catholic at that?

[quote] Can a protestant make it into heaven, or any non catholic at that?
[/quote]

absolutely...see Lumen Gentium paragraph 16 from the Second Vatican Council.

Also check out the notorious story of Fr. Feeney from Boston, who was actually excommunicated for holding obstinately that only Catholics can be saved!

Edited by beatty07

[quote name='beatty07' date='Dec 1 2005, 04:56 PM']absolutely...see Lumen Gentium paragraph 16 from the Second Vatican Council.

Also check out the notorious story of Fr. Feeney from Boston, who was actually excommunicated for holding obstinately that only Catholics can be saved!
[right][snapback]807387[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, I know just asking a rhetorical question. The point is shouldn't be bashing anybody, but kindly clarifying.