An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Catholic Marrying A Protestant?

Lil Red

[quote name='Azriel' post='5809' date='Jul 17 2003, 06:04 AM']Well, kiddo. I'm an example. I married my high school sweetheart who was raised a protestant. I prayed, talked to everyone I could including my priest, and I kept coming to the same conclusion. I love him.

So, we were married 9 years ago in the Catholic Church, with dispensation from the Diocese and with the promise of raising Children Catholic.

This is something that can be worked out. But, you must know that it won't be easy. There will be opposition from all sides. In your heart, you must know that this is the right thing for you. You must accept that there will be hardships, and above all else you must pray.

My gramma always says that love goes where its sent, even if its up a pig's butt. Maybe its in God's plan that you marry this man to bring him closer to the fullness of God's truth.

What is clear is that no one can make this decision for you. And we can give you all the advice in the world, and it wouldn't add up to diddly.

Pray for guidance, pray for discernment, and above all if you love him, love him.

Just my humble, oh so humble, .02.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i :love: azzie. you :punk: rock.

[quote name='hyperdulia again' post='5864' date='Jul 17 2003, 11:07 AM']If you aren't prepared to not be able to share some of the most beautifully moving experiences of your faith journey with the person you love; if you aren't prepared to wake up on Sunday morning and have you and your children leave the house in one direction going to church and have him leave in the other, don't get married.

If you aren't prepared to be a quiet and gentle witness to Catholic truth in your husband's life then don't get married.

If he isn't as determined as you are to raise your children Catholic, if he doesn't understand that you are bound under pain of mortal sin to raise your children in the Catholic faith and no other, then don't get married.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
man, i miss hyper. :ohno:

Someone has been digging up old posts today. Don't look at me, I'm not sure I'd even know how.

[quote name='Selah' post='1930825' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:23 PM']Isn't he still around? I think I saw him yesterday...[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i checked his page. last time seen was last year i think. :ohno:

I thought hyper was a girl! :bigshock:

Yeah this is interesting with the old threads. I bumped one or two up but they were largely ignored. Too bad, because I really wanted to know about them... But it seems like most of them are being bumped by different people.

I know when I was a newbie I was always bumping old posts... actually maybe that was on onerock... because I would be looking around at old posts, and not realize they were old, and feel like putting my not so humble opinion in... and yeah... :doh: drove everyone nuts.
But that doesn't seem to be the case lately. I think we're just feeling nostalgic. ^_^

I still like looking at old threads, but I've learned not to post to them... :lol:

What annoys me is when polls get bumped just because someone voted... is there some way of knowing that a thread was just voted in, but has no new posts?

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930846' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:41 PM']What annoys me is when polls get bumped just because someone voted... is there some way of knowing that a thread was just voted in, but has no new posts?[/quote]

There used to be, but the little symbols are different now.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930846' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:41 PM']I thought hyper was a girl! :bigshock:[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
haha, yeah, no. :hehe:

if he was here, he might actually laugh at that.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1930858' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:50 PM']+J.M.J.+
haha, yeah, no. :hehe:

if he was here, he might actually laugh at that.[/quote]
I know I did. :lol:

Vincent Vega

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930939' date='Jul 24 2009, 05:16 PM']now I know why I thought that... his title says Drama QUEEN... he had it coming to him.[/quote]
I believe he struggles(/d) with SSA as well.

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1931171' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:41 PM']:idontknow: but now it's gettin' off topic.[/quote]

I know. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

And I'm sorry, please no one take my drama queen comment the wrong way. I honestly did not mean anything by it. :doh: I wish I'd keep my fingers still sometimes.