An Old School Catholic Message Board

mad as hell at Leno

Brother Adam

The only thing I really like about Leno is his car collection... :drool:
[img]http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/tb_lenolead-lg-3.jpg[/img]

Letterman just seems lame most of the time. The only thing I like about him is the Top Ten lists...

Down w/ late night TV! Just go to bed. :snore:

Edited by scardella

I don't like Letterman, it's a boring show. Conan is funnier.

Oh hey, my favorite "day-time" show is the [b]Tony Danza[/b] show, really nice program and fun.

IcePrincessKRS

haha I haven't watched much of Tony Danza since Who's the Boss? I did catch a little bit of his show once (he's pretty funny), but I usually only watch TV at night.

toledo_jesus

if it bothers you write a letter to NBC. I don't believe Johnny Carson ever had to resort to such mean-spirited humor in his monologues.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='mulls' date='Aug 11 2005, 12:36 PM']if it was a joke about some protestant preacher you guys would be rolling on the floor.
[right][snapback]682019[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No. I wouldn't. I don't think jokes about adultary are funny at all-- no matter if the subject is Clinton or whoever... :pinch:

it's irritating but Jay leno does it a lot to everyone. I can understand people getting offended by the content but to say that he's out to get just Catholics is a bit off.

I'm going to agree with paladin-----Conan is the best late nighter.
:bow:
If you really dislike Leno, watch Dawn of the Dead....you get to see a bullet put through his head! :whistle: I laughed so hard at that part.

Is it okay to make Clinton jokes? Is it okay to make Michael Jackson jokes?
Catholics are not exempt from being made fun of. If you can't laugh about it, I'm sorry, but I can imagine the delivery, even though it was Leno, was pretty funny.

I personally don't get what anyone finds funny about child molestation jokes. Our society is very sick if that's funny at all. Any mention of such a thing, even insinuation, shouldn't get us laughing it should get us MAD as hell. It should call to mind not humor but a millstone that we want to tie around the neck of the perpetrator as we throw him into the sea.

Haha, so funny, Jay made a joke about how some little child's life may have been ruined forever. hardeeharhar. <_<

child molestation cannot be joked about. it simply isn't funny.

[quote name='mulls' date='Aug 11 2005, 12:36 PM']if it was a joke about some protestant preacher you guys would be rolling on the floor.
[right][snapback]682019[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]That's not fair to say that. I wouldn't laugh about some preacher. Making fun of Michal Jackson or the 'bug eyed' Bride is different. It is specific to specific person's actions. There is a limit when it crosses the line and is just plan mean.

I don't think it's okay to generally make fun of priests, nuns, preachers, youth ministers, boy scout or girl scout leaders, etc. It denigrates the job they do. Now if they made some joke about Cardinal Law being obtuse, or Tammy Faye being understated, that's funny.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Aug 12 2005, 03:29 PM']I personally don't get what anyone finds funny about child molestation jokes.  Our society is very sick if that's funny at all.  Any mention of such a thing, even insinuation, shouldn't get us laughing it should get us MAD as hell.  It should call to mind not humor but a millstone that we want to tie around the neck of the perpetrator as we throw him into the sea. 

Haha, so funny, Jay made a joke about how some little child's life may have been ruined forever.  hardeeharhar.  <_<

child molestation cannot be joked about.  it simply isn't funny.
[right][snapback]683388[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't have said it, or that it was somehow not innappropriate. What we're (or what I'm saying at any rate) saying is why be mad at Leno but excuse other people for the same sort of thing? Yeah, it was wrong, but if you're going to be mad at these people for saying it be mad at all of them, not just one of them.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Aug 11 2005, 12:09 PM']Conan show is better.
[right][snapback]681984[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Way better. It's the only late-night I'll watch(although I probably shouldn't be...) :)

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Aug 12 2005, 03:53 PM']I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't have said it, or that it was somehow not innappropriate. What we're (or what I'm saying at any rate) saying is why be mad at Leno but excuse other people for the same sort of thing? Yeah, it was wrong, but if you're going to be mad at these people for saying it be mad at all of them, not just one of them.
[right][snapback]683407[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
and thus I said [b]our society[/b] is sick. child molestation jokes are not funny. period. it ruins people's lives. it currupts innocence. it is perhaps the most evil thing that happens in society today.

clinton stuff is clearly different.