An Old School Catholic Message Board

mad as hell at Leno

Brother Adam

[quote name='Cam42' date='Aug 11 2005, 12:19 PM']Ummmmm.....ouch?
[right][snapback]681829[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sorry!

:stretcher:

Better?

[quote name='Carrie' date='Aug 11 2005, 11:21 AM']Sorry!

:stretcher:

Better?
[right][snapback]681834[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes thank you...... :topsy:

i guess i see where you guys are coming from, but on the other hand, it's a comedic's job to make fun of people, places, and things. and he makes fun of everyone equally. do you really think letterman is any better? i don't think so.

Leno is a punk. And so is Carrie, but Carrie is a punk in a good way...as in she wants to wear strip socks and flip flops when she gets married...where as Leno is punk because he is not funny.

The joke isn;'t about 'funny', it's about 'how fun it is to beat a certain group to the ground" and of course, it is perfectly permissible to bash the Catholic Church, anytime, anywhere, and in any form.

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Aug 11 2005, 11:09 AM']Conan show is better.[right][snapback]681984[/snapback][/right][/quote]

so true, so true! :drool:

[quote name='Didacus' date='Aug 11 2005, 11:09 AM']The joke isn;'t about 'funny', it's about 'how fun it is to beat a certain group to the ground" and of course, it is perfectly permissible to bash the Catholic Church, anytime, anywhere, and in any form.[right][snapback]681985[/snapback][/right][/quote]

and my point is that comics make fun of everyone! the same could be said of politicians (both Democratic and Republican)...as in, it is perfectly permissible to bash politicians, anytime, anywhere, and in any form.

i'm not saying he's right for making fun of the Church...i think comics can still be funny without making fun of [b]anyone[/b]

[quote name='Cam42' date='Aug 11 2005, 10:07 AM']I guess it's safe to say I can stop holding out hope for Johnny Carson to return?
[right][snapback]681810[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

(in my best DeForest Kelley voice) He's dead, Cam

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Aug 11 2005, 01:28 PM']Leno is a punk. And so is Carrie, but Carrie is a punk in a good way...as in she wants to wear strip socks and flip flops when she gets married...where as Leno is punk because he is not funny.
[right][snapback]681916[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:P:

Agreed! :clapping:

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 11 2005, 12:16 PM']so true, so true!  :drool:
and my point is that comics make fun of everyone! the same could be said of politicians (both Democratic and Republican)...as in, it is perfectly permissible to bash politicians, anytime, anywhere, and in any form.

i'm not saying he's right for making fun of the Church...i think comics can still be funny without making fun of [b]anyone[/b]
[right][snapback]681995[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There is a difference between making 'fun' of something, which is alright by me (I can laugh at myself, and I do tell my share of church jokes) and just plain being distastful and insulting. Leno's joke was just aimed at someone's expense and I cannot see such a 'joke' being acceptable in any circles.

And mulls:

[quote]if it was a joke about some protestant preacher you guys would be rolling on the floor.[/quote]

Not so... I guarantee I would not be rolling on the floor if it had been a protestant priest. charity is applicable to all...

IcePrincessKRS

I don't watch Leno or Conan. I only watch Letterman because Craig Ferguson is on after. haha He's my favorite.

And I agree witl Red. Some of you are all up in arms over something Leno said, but I'm willing to bet half of you love shows like The Simpsons. SSDD, ya know? ;)