An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benny Hinn Cursades

White Knight

White Knight
[b][url="http://www.bennyhinn.org"]Benny Hinn Website[/url][/b]

Benny Hinn when he preaches the Word offend uses Isaiah 53:5 [b]"For He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, [u]and by His stripes we are healed.[/u]"[/b]

This chapter talks about the brutality of Christ's shufferings in the Old Testment. Benny Hinn offend uses this verse out of the word. I have no question its True. I know for a fact Jesus Heals. Because says this [b]Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever."[/b]

Now back to my question. People have reported about alot of healings when they went to the Benny Hinn Cursades, and alot of other people have reported they just had a pleasant experience with the Holy Spirit at some Cursades.

[color=blue][b]I'm curious to know, How does the Catholic Church view Benny Hinn's Ministry?[/b][/color]

[b]White Knight
Thanks and God Bless.[/b] Edited by White Knight

thessalonian

Well first of all Hinn is a former Catholic so that doesn't bode well. Secondly he is a non-trinitarian. Thirdly his organization is primarily about money. Heath and wealth, etc. Do people get healed there? I don't know. I haven't been there. But people's own faith in Christ can heal so even if there were people being healed there I would not under the circumstances attribute it to Hinn. I don't recommend him.

As for feelings of the Holy Spirit, many times people get whipped up in to a frenzy that they think is the Holy Spirit but it is just human emotionalism.

Do YA HATE THE DEVIL! "YA BROTHER!" IS THE DEVIL STUPID "AMEN BROTHER" I DIDN"T HEAR THAT. IS THE DEVIL STUPID "AMEN BROTHER".

Nothing there, yet everybody's all worked up. Next thing you know an usher is going around with a basket.

I do not believe that the Catholic Church as such has made a statement one way or another however. I've never seen one.

Edited by thessalonian

White Knight

[b]Nathan:[/b] What was it extactly? I thought Jesus wanred against those people who said they were to call themselves The Christ. Jesus warned us by telling His disiciples not to follow him. Benny Hinn has made no claim to be Christ. therefore I have seen no reason to be against him.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 10 2005, 01:00 AM'][b][url="http://www.bennyhinn.org"]Benny Hinn Website[/url][/b]
Benny Hinn when he preaches the Word offend uses Isaiah 53:5 [b]"For He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, [u]and by His stripes we are healed.[/u]"[/b]

This chapter talks about the brutality of Christ's shufferings in the Old Testment. Benny Hinn offend uses this verse out of the word. I have no question its True. I know for a fact Jesus Heals. Because says this [b]Hebrews 13:8  "Jesus Christ is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever."[/b]
Now back to my question. People have reported about alot of healings when they went to the Benny Hinn Cursades,  and alot of other people have reported they just had a pleasant experience with the Holy Spirit at some Cursades.
[color=blue][b]I'm curious to know, How does the Catholic Church  view Benny Hinn's Ministry?[/b][/color]

[b]White Knight
Thanks and God Bless.[/b]
[right][snapback]679677[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Benny Hinn is the biggest fraud out there. He is a sick and twisted , pathetic excuse for a human being. He makes his living by playing off the emotions of people with real problems, whom entrust in his organization to 'heal ' and help them. Not one single person has ever been healed by Benny Hinn. There is not one confirmed healing that has EVER taken place to date. Benny Hinn has been exposed countless times as the sick charlatan he is. But people do not care - they want to believe they can have a miracle. They go to his shows searching for a miracle. They pay thousands of dollars for these miracles. Especially since the Benny Hinn ministries ask that you give as much as you can, that the more you give the better it might be for you. You have working class people giving thousands of dollars at a time, and traveling to his shows in hopes of a miracle. Taking their children who have suffered cancers, illnessess, brain trauma to name a few. Hoping that they will be healed and snap out of it. They never ever do. The saddest part of all is that when their child succumbs to the particular illness, they don't blame Hinn, but themselves. That somehow , God looked over them for some shortcomming they may have had themselves. He's a vile piece of garbage.

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Aug 12 2005, 10:44 AM']Benny Hinn is the biggest fraud out there. He is a sick and twisted , pathetic excuse for a human being. He makes his living by playing off the emotions of people with real problems, whom entrust in his organization to 'heal ' and help them. Not one single person has ever been healed by Benny Hinn. There is not one confirmed healing that has EVER taken place to date. Benny Hinn has been exposed countless times as the sick charlatan he is. But people do not care - they want to believe they can have a miracle. They go to his shows searching for a miracle. They pay thousands of dollars for these miracles. Especially since the Benny Hinn ministries ask that you give as much as you can, that the more you give the better it might be for you. You  have working class people giving thousands of dollars at a time, and traveling to his shows in hopes of a miracle. Taking their children who have suffered cancers, illnessess, brain trauma to name a few. Hoping that they will be healed and snap out of it. They never ever do. The saddest part of all is that when their child succumbs to the particular illness, they don't blame Hinn, but themselves. That somehow , God looked over them for some shortcomming they may have had themselves.  He's a vile piece of garbage.
[right][snapback]683120[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Not saying that I support Benny Hinn's ministry, but what would you say to those who've claimed to have gotten healed through one of his crusades months or years before? Considering many of these Christians are sincere, wouldn't it be highly unlikely if they were all lieing?

I believe in some cases people do get healed at Benny Hinn's crusades, but of course not by him (which he states it's not him), but by God. Sometimes even God can use those who are not in right standing, to do his work. Anyone remember the pagan prophet that actually spoke a prophecy from God? It's somewhere in the Old Testament.

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Aug 12 2005, 10:08 AM']Not saying that I support Benny Hinn's ministry, but what would you say to those who've claimed to have gotten healed through one of his crusades months or years before?  Considering many of these Christians are sincere, wouldn't it be highly unlikely if they were all lieing?

[/quote]

This is just one recent study of Benny Hinns work as a master charlatan. At just one Benny Hinn show there were an alleged 76 miracles. Benny Hinn ministries were asked for the information of those people so it could be followed up and verified. They gave only 5. Out of those 5 which the ministry, none were at all verified to have healed a single thing. The people felt an emotional change, they sincerely felt they had been healed by God. Often times, giving up medical treatment altogether. One fo those 5 people was a women who was suffering from cancer. She and Benny Hinn ministries alleged that she had been healed that night at the crusades. Only for her to die of the cancer just 9 months later. Another case was that of a man who had suffered a logging accident ten years previously. He showed improved mobility at the crusade, but his condition after the crusades worsened and movement became so painful he could no longer dress himself. Yet he remained convinced he was healed and refused the medication and surgery his doctors insisted was necessary.

Benny Hinn gives these people a false sense of hope, that is not cheap by any means. But when it comes down to it, there is no verifiable proof that he has ever healed anyone. I believe if such proofs did exist, that Benny Hinn ministries would not stop until every last person they could reach was aware of his documented healing abilities. Hes a fraud.

I've watched Benny Hinn some of tv, because well we don't get EWTN here only TBN. Anyway, I've heard some things come out of his mouth that are definitely not from the Bible or from Tradition, that he says they are.

I'm not saying that healing don't take place at these things. God can make it possible for anyone to be healed no matter who seems to be performing the healing. Now I don't understand the whole "let's knock the people down on floor to heal them thing" When Jesus healed people in the Bible He definitely didn't have to knock them on the ground for them to be healed, or rather they didn't fall down like that, well from what the Bible let's us know they didn't.

Fidei Defensor

I personally think he is a fruit cake.

It was interesting, one night i happened to see his show on, and he was dressed in a black suit, with a white collar that looked quite similar to a roman collar.
Maybe he thinks that will make him more creditable?

[quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 11 2005, 02:57 PM'][b]Nathan:[/b] What was it extactly? I thought Jesus wanred against those people who said they were to call themselves The Christ. Jesus warned us by telling His disiciples not to follow him. Benny Hinn has made no claim to be Christ. therefore I have seen no reason to be against him.
[right][snapback]682213[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I believe what Nathan is referring to is the same verse that you are. Christ did not only say beware of False Christs but also of False Prophets.

Some quotes from Benny Hinn

This isn't the first time Hinn has prophesied falsely. Back in 1989 he prophesied to his congregation at the Orlando Christian Center in Florida what he was seeing for the decade of the 1990s.

"The Lord also tells me to tell you in mid 90's -- about '94 or '95, no later than that -- God will destroy the homosexual community of America . . . He will destroy it with fire."

"The Spirit of God tells me -- an earthquake will hit the east coast of America and destroy much in the 90's."

"The Spirit tells me -- Fidel Castro will die in the 90's. . . Holy Spirit just said to me, it'll be worse than any death you can imagine."

Benny Hinn quotes on Jesus becoming the nature of Satan: "He [Jesus] who is righteous by choice said, 'The only way I can stop sin is by Me becoming it. I can't just stop it by letting it touch Me; I and it must become one.' Hear this! He who is the nature of God became the nature of Satan where He became sin!" . Benny Hinn: "Jesus Christ knew the only
way He would stop Satan is by becoming one in nature with him. (Benny Hinn, TBN, December 1, 1990)..."

I remember hearing him say once that if it wasn't for the Holy Spirit then Jesus would have sinned.

White Knight

[quote name='StColette' date='Aug 12 2005, 02:19 PM']Some quotes from Benny Hinn

This isn't the first time Hinn has prophesied falsely.  Back in 1989 he prophesied to his congregation at the Orlando Christian Center in Florida what he was seeing for the decade of the 1990s.

"The Lord also tells me to tell you in mid 90's -- about '94 or '95, no later than that -- God will destroy the homosexual community of America . . . He will destroy it with fire."

"The Spirit of God tells me -- an earthquake will hit the east coast of America and destroy much in the 90's."

"The Spirit tells me -- Fidel Castro will die in the 90's. . . Holy Spirit just said to me, it'll be worse than any death you can imagine."

Benny Hinn quotes on Jesus becoming the nature of Satan: "He [Jesus] who is righteous by choice said, 'The only way I can stop sin is by Me becoming it. I can't just stop it by letting it touch Me; I and it must become one.' Hear this! He who is the nature of God became the nature of Satan where He became sin!" . Benny Hinn: "Jesus Christ knew the only
way He would stop Satan is by becoming one in nature with him. (Benny Hinn, TBN, December 1, 1990)..."

I remember hearing him say once that if it wasn't for the Holy Spirit then Jesus would have sinned.
[right][snapback]683376[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Maybe. Benny Hinn, is a true man of God, but may have a few issues of his own to deal with like all of us who believe in Jesus. All who believe have their problems. Benny Hinn is no different.

I do understand what Jesus said in that verse about Beware of False Prophets, and Ones who claim to be the Christ and all that.

[quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 14 2005, 09:19 PM']Maybe. Benny Hinn, is a true man of God, but may have a few issues of his own to deal with like all of us who believe in Jesus. All who believe have their problems. Benny Hinn is no different.
[right][snapback]685116[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No one on here has said that Benny Hinn isn't a man of God. At least no one that I've seen. What most of us are concerned about are some of the things that he does or says. Some of it definitely isnt good at all. I'm sure he's a good man and has done great things for some people. But like I said the concern comes from the errors that he preaches from time to time.

And you're right, all who believe do have their problems. But unlike, say us on Phatmass, Benny Hinn is preaching some not so correct Theology to a lot of people.

Edited by StColette