An Old School Catholic Message Board

another thread on exorcisms.......

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

is it possible that someone may be possessed by a demon and not know it.........ive wondered if someting like this may have happened to me........theres a story behind it..........when i had that drug experience that i mentioned in previous threads.........i look back on that experience and look at the people i was with. I was with 2 friends.........one of them was associated with vampire and satan cults (it was his whole idea to have this drug experience). As i mentioned before about how i was never the same after this experience.........everything in the world just seemed darker............i was wondering if someone is an expert on such a thing and if they could give me any valuable input.

Laudate_Dominum

I'm no expert, but demonic oppression is actually pretty common, although full blown possession is extremely rare. There could also be demonic obsession, which is a step down from possession.

What you describe does sound like demonic oppression could be in the picture. An exorcism is not necessary to remedy something of this sort. The normal means of grace (Confession, the Eucharist, etc..) are enough. But it can't hurt to seek the assistance of a priest who is knowledgeable on such matters. I'm just saying what I think based on my vague impression of the scenario, and in my lack of expert knowledge.

God bless you my friend.

A person can only become possessed if he wills it, but opression is more common. I believe that Blessed Teresa of Calcutta was opressed and the Archbishop called in an Exorcist for her.

[quote]A person can only become possessed if he wills it[/quote]

Does it then follow that if a person wills it, he will become possessed?

I mean, wouldn't that be like a good way to find out whether all this is true?

IcePrincessKRS

heh I don't think that willing an demon to come possess you is a good way to find anything out. :huh:

I've actually known a couple people that have had things like this happen to them. One girl was obsessed by 2 demons--apparently it was because someone actually cursed her, the obsession plagued her with health problems (allergies to practically everything, skin problems, etc.) she went to healing Masses and everything to no avail. I think they finally narrowed down what could be the problem by frequent visits with a priest and then an exorcist came and expelled them. Another girl (actually a goof friend of mine) was opressed, and this manifested itself mainly in the form of dreams, she met with her spiritual director several times a week and went to confession every week. The best way to fight opression is by frequenting the Sacraments.

[quote]Does it then follow that if a person wills it, he will become possessed?

I mean, wouldn't that be like a good way to find out whether all this is true?[/quote]Sorry, wrong language...I meant if he wills it by allowing it...not just wanting it.

Edited by qfnol31

It's amazing how real this stuff is. I've had some crazy experiences...I never knew how real spiritual warfare was until it affected me. Now I could never doubt it.

infinitelord1

so, is there anything i could do to fix this possible demonic oppression?

another thing, how does one become an exorcist? I think that would be a cool occupation............i wanna be like john constanitine "deporte demente"..............i wanna sit in a chair that 200 souls passed through and be shocked by electricity.............not. But if i had the chance to be an exorcist i would..........as long as i didnt have to become a priest.

infinitelord1

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Aug 10 2005, 11:03 AM']Katie, that's the very reason "jinxes" have begun to scare me...You never know exactly what it would take.  :(
[right][snapback]680332[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i believe i was possibly hexed once............i was about 12 years old and i met up with this girl that i hadnt seen for a long time during a school basketball game..........she approached me and said "hi".........i dont know what got into me but i just looked at her and told her to go away........i thought about it later and i was like what the heck was i thinking? why did i treat her like this? Anyways from that game on i didnt score another point for my team for the rest of the season. The look that she gave me after i said this really stuck out in my mind. I think her mom was a gypsy or something..........she had a thick accent and i could tell she was from some other country.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 10 2005, 02:32 PM']i believe i was possibly hexed once............i was about 12 years old and i met up with this girl that i hadnt seen for a long time during a school basketball game..........she approached me and said "hi".........i dont know what got into me but i just looked at her and told her to go away........i thought about it later and i was like what the heck was i thinking? why did i treat her like this? Anyways from that game on i didnt score another point for my team for the rest of the season. The look that she gave me after i said this really stuck out in my mind. I think her mom was a gypsy or something..........she had a thick accent and i could tell she was from some other country.
[right][snapback]680605[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This thread is classic. I think first of all , we should start opening up excorism offices so the throngs of demon possesed people can get some help. I mean, apparently the evil eye is in vogue. Wizards, witches, and demons await at every corner. In fact, since you've read this, you just have been cursed. You will wake up as a taco :taco2: Now if you will excuse me, I have a game of cards to attend to , with my friend - bigfoot.

Edited by Melchisedec

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 10 2005, 02:32 PM'].she had a thick accent and i could tell she was from some other country.
[right][snapback]680605[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

maybe even translyvania...

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 10 2005, 03:27 PM']so, is there anything i could do to fix this possible demonic oppression?

[right][snapback]680599[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Try church.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Aug 10 2005, 03:05 PM']This thread is classic. I think first of all , we should start opening up excorism offices so the throngs of demon possesed people can get some help. I mean,  apparently the evil eye is in vogue. Wizards, witches, and demons await at every corner. In fact, since you've read this, you just have been cursed. You will wake up as a taco  :taco2: Now if you will excuse me, I have a game of cards to attend to , with my friend - bigfoot.
[right][snapback]680648[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
lol.........do you ever go to landover baptist?

Note: i did use the word "possible"

Edited by infinitelord1

infinitelord1

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 10 2005, 03:24 PM']Try church.
[right][snapback]680672[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
that certainly made no changes..............ive gone to church and recieved the eucharist. We could be talking about something imaginary here too.
is that your answer to eveything?......lol

Edited by infinitelord1