An Old School Catholic Message Board

which are you

dairygirl4u2c

Which of the following do you think most describes you.  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

I figure as much as we all debate about it and throw these words around so carelessly, we might as well take a poll about it. These are the options I saw somwhere sort of official, so yea.

This poll is really about political parties, not ideologies. Political parties, such as the Democrats and Republicans, have stood for different things at different times through history, and members of the same party may have different ideologies.
Categories such as "liberal," "neoconservative," "paleoconservative," and the like would actually be more descriptive.

cmotherofpirl

I am registered pro-life Democrat in Pennsylvania, but I vote for whatever candidate is closest to Catholic teaching.
Many times this eliminates my own party's candidates.

infinitelord1

politics are politics...................i am against blleeding heart liberals and extreme conservatives. I support the constitutional right to own guns. In fact, i believe that every household should own a gun. Not just for domestic reasons, but if america was ever invaded the enemy would have another opposition besides the military. bleeding heart liberals want to take our guns away. I dont like extreme conservatives because of there personality's................they remind me of the french. They look down on you if you dont have an education............not everyone had the same opportunity as them. generally, conservatives came from a financially stable household so they dont know what its like to go without. They are just straight up snobs. I believe that the extreme of both political parties can lead to bad things. I think this country is due for a democratic swing. We need more higher paying blue collar work. Bush's administration has moved to take this away. I cant really give proof of this but i see it in my own observations............especially since i came from a blue collar area of the united states and moved to texas. I would rather see people getting payed too much then not getting paid enough for what they do. My father works for Delphi electronics in flint, michigan............he is a jouneyman construction welder who makes about $35 an hour. When i moved to texas i started to work for Federal Express in ft. worth.........i made about $9.00 an hour for my hardcore, sweaty work. I felt like i should have been payed at least $12.00/hr for what i was doing. This is what happens when the union is not strong in certain areas of the united states...........you dont get paid enough.

infinitelord1

the only thing i like about conservatives...............they generally support things that follow along the guidelines of morallity. However, i think it is just a plea to get more votes for the republican party. I think that Bush's motives for going into Iraq were not in the right place, but it needed to be done. I think his motives were more business oriented than anything, and when i watch that republican news program when that dude interviews democrates and makes them look stupid i think it is histerical, but i also think that a lot of the statistics he gives doesnt reveal the entire truth about things.

But the French* are liberal extremists! How can conservatives remind you of them!? They banned public displays of religion! That's neo-liberalism at it's core.

Aaaaargh!

* French are people from France. By which I mean the French Government.

I'm a moral republican, social democratic, listed as independant, and I think that the government needs to be more environmentally active. I would kind of like a little bit to be a member of the democratic party. I try not to care too much about political stuff that I can't or am not in a position to change or be significantly affected by because I feel like that takes my energy and effort away from the things that I am to do right now.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Aug 13 2005, 03:33 PM'] I dont like extreme conservatives because of there personality's................they remind me of the french. They look down on you if you dont have an education............not everyone had the same opportunity as them. generally, conservatives came from a financially stable household so they dont know what its like to go without. They are just straight up snobs. [right][snapback]684267[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Infinite, do you actually know any "extreme conservatives" or are you just repeating tired liberal drivel?
And what exactly do you mean by "extereme conservative"?
Many would consider me an "extreme conservative," yet I'm far from rich. Most of the "extreme" conservatives I know personally are not rich people, but middle class. Some of us do not have much money at all.
By "extreme conservative," I mean those that have serious conservative convictions, as opposed to the rich "country club Republicans" who care more about making money, and tend to be more liberal on the "social issues."

And the most snobbish, elitist people I have heard have been the "blue-state" liberal Democrats, made up largely of rich urban professionals and hollywood and media fatcats from the Northeast and West Coast. They regularly look down on "middle Americans" who are supposedly dumber and less educated, especially religious conservatives. The Democrat Party, while claiming to be the working man's party, is becoming increasingly dominated by the super-rich media moguls and hollywood crowd. (Ted Turner, Steven Spielberg, John Kerry, etc.)

Trying to reduce liberal vs. conservative issues to class warfare (rich vs. poor) is nothing but old liberal propaganda, which obscures the real issues involved.