An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's finally here :)

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

yeah, I am slow, but I promised delivery by mid-August and we are almost to mid-August. Catholics For Creation is up and running and open on a permanent basis for those interested in evolution and creation.

The whole design is in place and there are a few articles, but plenty more is on the way. I'm just super busy so I don't have a huge library or anything up yet. But sing up, invite anyone and everyone to join and get the party started.

If you know someone who is an evolutionist and would like to write a short article on the basics of the theory of evolution (What is it?), but not a defense so people have a place to start, please let me know. I'd prefer someone who is an athiest or agnostic to write the article rather than a theistic evolutionist.

The forum is of course open.

[url="http://www.catholicsforcreation.com"]Catholic For Creation Link[/url]

Guest Eremite

The site looks good. While I have no competence (or interest) to address the scientific dimension of evolution, there are some theological points made on the site that just make me cringe.

[quote] Is God really that impersonal? Theistic evolutionists want you to think so. They want you to believe that God said "Bang" and then left it to happen for billions of years on its own. Then at some point God came back and said "Wam!" and suddenly too animals had souls and became humans. Completely illogical with no theological basis. You can't take evolution and make it Christian. It does not work and it is foolish to try to rationalize it. [/quote]

Not only CAN evolution be harmonized with the Church's faith, but the Roman Pontiffs have encouraged sound scientific and theological inquiry to harmonize the two domains. The exercise is hardly "foolish". Even Galileo was encouraged by Pope Urban to poke and prod into the issue of Geocentrism and its relation to the Christian faith, provided he proceeded cautiously and did not present as fact what was, at that time, only theory (the same approach taken, incidentally, by Pius XII when he addressed evolution in Humani Generis).

Accepting that God did in fact take millions of years to create the world (I have no idea if he in fact did), this wouldn't at all imply an "impersonal" Creator. In fact, if it were true, I would be all the more amazed at the wonder of our God, who patiently let his glorious plan of creation unfold, much as he lets the life of a child unfold in the womb before it is born.

There's a lot more I could address. Maybe in the future...

Brother Adam

Feel free to join the forum and address your concerns there. As I am hoping the website will be a center for discussing this theology, I won't get into drawn out debates here. I'd like to bring a lot of minds from throughout cyberspace together there.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to link this up at CatholicFiles.com.
Brother Adam, did you see "Ape to Man" on the History Channel lately? It premiered last Friday, but there's always more showings.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Having problems with the sign up. Says I'm putting in the wrong confirmation code but I don't see a confirmation code anywhere.

Brother Adam

Ugh. Yeah, there was a problem when converting to a new template. I am fixing it now. It should be okay within an hour

thessalonian

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Aug 8 2005, 11:09 PM']yeah, I am slow, but I promised delivery by mid-August and we are almost to mid-August. Catholics For Creation is up and running and open on a permanent basis for those interested in evolution and creation.

The whole design is in place and there are a few articles, but plenty more is on the way. I'm just super busy so I don't have a huge library or anything up yet. But sing up, invite anyone and everyone to join and get the party started.

If you know someone who is an evolutionist and would like to write a short article on the basics of the theory of evolution (What is it?), but not a defense so people have a place to start, please let me know. I'd prefer someone who is an athiest or agnostic to write the article rather than a theistic evolutionist.

The forum is of course open.

[url="http://www.catholicsforcreation.com"]Catholic For Creation Link[/url]
[right][snapback]677897[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Very nice looking thread. Could you give me your .02 on my related thread on this board that I started today? Thanks.

Brother Adam

[quote name='thessalonian' date='Aug 9 2005, 05:53 PM']Very nice looking thread.  Could you give me your .02 on my related thread on this board that I started today?  Thanks.
[right][snapback]679082[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, but you are welcome to join the forum and post your concerns there and I will answer them.