An Old School Catholic Message Board

North Korea or Iran which one is more threatening?

White Knight

North Korea or Iran which one is more threatening?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='21 February 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1266805429' post='2060822']
Stern you know I love you. You are like the old time computers, you process everything in black and white, unfortunately there are many shades of gray that can color any thing we can see.

ed
[/quote]

Ed, there is only black and white when it comes to morality. Things may blur and cloud our vision, but the moral issues in and of themselves are black and white.

I think in hot and cold, because I don't want to think or act in lukewarm. If you have any reason to trust politicians and their motivations, you go on and support them.

And if there's a question of whether a big issue something being black and white in a big "political" issue, I'm going to have to go with the group of people who do not feel they have the right to force others to support their view monetarily while heckling and scorning them for dissenting. Every time.

~Sternhauser

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='22 February 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1266811070' post='2060894']
Which thief are you talking about?
[/quote]

The one that Jesus said to "verily I say unto you, you will be with me in paradise this day." Men had judged this man as a hopeless sinner who deserved to die. So they lashed him to a cross next to Jesus. Jesus saw something else in this man. In the dying moments of his life a flame of compassion was burning in his soul for a man that he saw was innocent and did not deserved to be treated this way. He said that he himself was deserving of crucifixion. This was his purgatory? He said to Jesus "Remember me before your father"
This story never fails to bring a tear to my eye.... 'There is no sin of mine greater than your love for me, I can always start anew.'

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='22 February 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1266847826' post='2061118']
[b]Ed, there is only black and white when it comes to morality. Things may blur and cloud our vision, but the moral issues in and of themselves are black and white.

[/b]I think in hot and cold, because I don't want to think or act in lukewarm. If you have any reason to trust politicians and their motivations, you go on and support them.

And if there's a question of whether a big issue something being black and white in a big "political" issue, I'm going to have to go with the group of people who do not feel they have the right to force others to support their view monetarily while heckling and scorning them for dissenting. Every time.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

Actually thank God this is totally untrue! If this were the case then Jesus would have condemned Mary magdalene as a Whore instead of forgiving her, the good thief would have burned in hell, countless saints who were womanizers, thiefs, soldiers, tax collectors, whores, coming from all the sinful walks of life would be burning in hell. If Jesus did not see the gray area in our worth we all would get the eternity we deserve instead of experiencing the infinite Divine Mercy of Christ. Thank you God that your Son is a little lukewarm when it comes to punishing our weaknesses!

ed

Edited by Ed Normile

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='22 February 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1266895941' post='2061608']
Actually thank God this is totally untrue! If this were the case then Jesus would have condemned Mary magdalene as a Whore instead of forgiving her, the good thief would have burned in hell, countless saints who were womanizers, thiefs, soldiers, tax collectors, whores, coming from all the sinful walks of life would be burning in hell. If Jesus did not see the gray area in our worth we all would get the eternity we deserve instead of experiencing the infinite Divine Mercy of Christ. Thank you God that your Son is a little lukewarm when it comes to punishing our weaknesses!

ed
[/quote]

Her sins were black as night. Just because someone has done evil doesn't make the sins "grey." Jesus never said her sins were in the "grey zone." He sees the good in us. He forgives the evil, but doesn't make the human mistake of saying, "Well, who can judge whether the action was good or evil?" We must acknowledge our actions [i]as[/i] evil before we can ever accept forgiveness. Forgiveness does not contradict the stark reality of distinct good and evil.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

ThePenciledOne

Forgiveness makes things white again.

I think some of you have are caught up with this a little or at least confused.

I mean, sin is sin, and you can't half way sin so its Black or White. I mean, come on, since we are human sure we like to operate and create shades of gray to make ourselves feel better, but in the end all there is, is Black and White.

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='22 February 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1266899699' post='2061641']
Her sins were black as night. Just because someone has done evil doesn't make the sins "grey." Jesus never said her sins were in the "grey zone." He sees the good in us. He forgives the evil, but doesn't make the human mistake of saying, "Well, who can judge whether the action was good or evil?" We must acknowledge our actions [i]as[/i] evil before we can ever accept forgiveness. Forgiveness does not contradict the stark reality of distinct good and evil.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

Stern I guess it was the "human mistake" of Jesus to say Let those of you without sin cast the first stone. You can not properly judge any action as to how evil or good it is, you can try in your feeble human understanding to vainly place yourself as God's equal and say this is how it is, there is only black and white, ten years from now you will look back at yourself and realize how little you actually know at this time, unless you are somehow debillitated and unable to progress from this point. I ask you if Jesus did not see gray in sin then why would he break the jewish law, laws which he faithfully kept, and not have stoned the adultress? Why did he assault the vendors at the temple, why did he break the sabbath, why did he not honor his parents wishes and be lost for three days?

ed

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='23 February 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1266902448' post='2061678']
Stern I guess it was the "human mistake" of Jesus to say Let those of you without sin cast the first stone. You can not properly judge any action as to how evil or good it is, you can try in your feeble human understanding to vainly place yourself as God's equal and say this is how it is, there is only black and white, ten years from now you will look back at yourself and realize how little you actually know at this time, unless you are somehow debillitated and unable to progress from this point. I ask you if Jesus did not see gray in sin then why would he break the jewish law, laws which he faithfully kept, and not have stoned the adultress? Why did he assault the vendors at the temple, why did he break the sabbath, why did he not honor his parents wishes and be lost for three days?

ed
[/quote]

So, killing someone isn't black, but gray? Ok, I get your logic perfectly now.