An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debate: Total Inability

Guest jreed

Guest jreed

Can I get a copy of this diagram?
Thanks! jreed@sunkistgrowers.com

[quote name='Aloysius' post='60102' date='Nov 20 2003, 06:47 PM']alright, if all else fails... MAKE A DIAGRAM!!!

i am SOOOO into this making of diagrams.

anyway, notice on the left is the life of the elect. on the right is the life of the reprobate (damned). God's passive will is that all be saved. He creates them with is active will, He actively wills that all are created. He actively creates us. He actively creates and sustains our free will. notice, that dark blue line stays with our free will and empowers it, even when we reject God, God stands by that free will He gave us. and we do tend to reject God from our fallen nature. We reject God with the free will God created for us. His active will guards and sustains our free will, He actively wills that we have this free will. He sheds His grace through His passive will upon us, as His passive will is that all men be saved. His active will, however, resides with the free will He gave us. Thus are we empowered to reject Him. wow, dwell on that and pray about that, we are empowered BY GOD to REJECT GOD if we so will.

so, you COULD SAY God is actively sending the person to Hell, as His active grace is sustaining the free will He gave them and that free will is being exercized to reject Him for eternity. and you COULD SAY God is actively electing people by sustaining their free will to accept Him. God's active will empowers the free will that He gave to man. IF Man chooses to accept Him and repent of all mortal sins before his death, it will be because His God-given and God-sustained free will allows and empowers Him to. If man chooses to reject Him and/or not repent of all mortal sins before his death, it is because God has sustained and empowered his free will to do so and thus God damns Him.

does that make sense? anyone like my diagram? remember, click to enlarge. and ummm... May God sustain and empower your free will to accept Him and His Church.

< i am wrong in any part of this, i.e. am going against Church doctrine, someone reprimand me and show Church documentation. this doesn't contradict any Church doctrine i know, but that could always just be my own ignorance. >[/quote]

[quote name='Aloysius' post='60102' date='Nov 20 2003, 06:47 PM']alright, if all else fails... MAKE A DIAGRAM!!!

i am SOOOO into this making of diagrams.[/quote]

Where did it go???

Personal Message (PM) Aloysius if you want the diagram. He might have it on file. This is one of those ancient threads :ninja: