An Old School Catholic Message Board

john roberts

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

The Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, is a Catholic!
Have at it...
(ie. speculate, discuss, assert, refute, debate, argue, bicker, disparage, demonize, slant, skew, distort, umm.. that's enuff...)

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Aug 1 2005, 03:46 PM']The Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, is a Catholic!
Have at it...
(ie. speculate, discuss, assert, refute, debate, argue, bicker, disparage, demonize, slant, skew, distort, umm.. that's enuff...)
[right][snapback]667379[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Homosapien..... :scream:

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Aug 1 2005, 01:46 PM']The Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, is a Catholic!
Have at it...
[right][snapback]667379[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, is a Catholic!
Allelujah!

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

Rick Santorum said on the Michael Medved show that John Roberts is the real deal. Coming from Rick Santorum, I'd believe just about anything.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Sirklawd' date='Aug 1 2005, 09:52 PM']OOOOOOO madlibs, UM.. lesseee.....you want a noun..."CARROT CAKE"

now read it back to me!
[right][snapback]667994[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

My mother was reading an article on him and told me that his friends and colleagues say he's always the most brilliant man in the room, and yet, very humble. Given that arrogance is the main cause of recent Supreme Court decisions, I think he's a perfect candidate.

i don't think that he will be able to push through all of the things conservatives want... but he seems like a smart dude and thats the most important bit.

in the ideal situation his catholicsm shouldn't ever affect his decisions... so i guess it shouldn't matter what he is.

Edited by Michael D.

[quote name='Michael D.' date='Aug 7 2005, 12:25 AM']...in the ideal situation his catholicsm shouldn't ever affect his decisions... so i guess it shouldn't matter what he is.
[right][snapback]675562[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
In the ideal situation, Catholicism should always affect all our decisions! ;)

But as a justice it's not a decision, he is just inturpreting the Constitution, and act that doesn't really involve his personal feelings or attitudes toward anything. It is just reading the Constitution and applying it to laws today. For example, if he hated the fact that the KKK can say whatever it wants to under the 1st Amendment, he can't do anything about it because the Constitution is clear on the subject of free speech and press. He can't do what he wants, he is bound by the Constitution and what it says. His job is to hold up the Constitution, so he can't allow his personal convictions to override what the Constitution actually says. He will never get to be a justice if he goes in to it with an agenda, he wouldn't even be a judge.

Now, you're talking about the [b]real [/b]world.
In your previous post, you said, "in the [b][i]ideal[/i][/b]..." ;)
In an ideal world, we'd all adhere to Catholic Truth...
Something to look forward to in heaven!!!
"Whatsoever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven - Whatsoever you loose on earth, will be loosed in heaven." Even if the world rejects Catholic Truth, heaven won't!!!

exactly. and NOWHERE in the constitution is there a right to privacy NOR a right to take the life of unborn children. luckily he is a man who INTERPRETS law and doesn't make up his own to push his own agenda :maddest: :rolleyes:

Edited by kateri05