An Old School Catholic Message Board

remarriage after death

Laudate_Dominum

Laudate_Dominum

"How old was Sara in the OT?"

A: Sara was soooo old, that every time she.... harhar

I like the thought that I'll still be loving my husband in all aspects of marriage well into my 80's. I don't see a problem. Societies fascination with youth and beauty makes the thought of two elderly making love something to think of as gross. But this is so untrue! Its just as beautiful, if not more beautiful than it was when they were first married. Marriages grow and flourish through the years. I know my Mom and Dad wouldn't go back to the first years of marriage for anything, because they have grown closer than ever throughout the years.

I may not be as young and beautiful as I am now(no Im not flattering myself just makin' a point :harhar: ) when Im 73 years old, but I highly doubt, seeing as this is me, that my love will fade at all for the man I married.

I just realized this has little to do with the topic, but I think it needs to be said that people can still share marital bliss well into old age. And its not gross. :)

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Luthien' date='Aug 8 2005, 11:09 AM']I like the thought that I'll still be loving my husband in all aspects of marriage well into my 80's. I don't see a problem. Societies fascination with youth and beauty makes the thought of two elderly making love something to think of as gross. But this is so untrue! Its just as beautiful, if not more beautiful than it was when they were first married. Marriages grow and flourish through the years. I know my Mom and Dad wouldn't go back to the first years of marriage for anything, because they have grown closer than ever throughout the years.

I may not be as young and beautiful as I am now(no Im not flattering myself just makin' a point :harhar: ) when Im 73 years old, but I highly doubt, seeing as this is me, that my love will fade at all for the man I married.

I just realized this has little to do with the topic, but I think it needs to be said that people can still share marital bliss well into old age. And its not gross. :)
[right][snapback]676916[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[color=blue]WERD [/color]

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Luthien' date='Aug 8 2005, 10:09 AM']I like the thought that I'll still be loving my husband in all aspects of marriage well into my 80's. I don't see a problem. Societies fascination with youth and beauty makes the thought of two elderly making love something to think of as gross. But this is so untrue! Its just as beautiful, if not more beautiful than it was when they were first married. Marriages grow and flourish through the years. I know my Mom and Dad wouldn't go back to the first years of marriage for anything, because they have grown closer than ever throughout the years.

[right][snapback]676916[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You rock! :D:

I know this topic hasn't been active for a few days, but for what it's worth ...

I think the only way I'd consider getting remarried would be if I had small children and needed a man around the house. I have a good friend who's a single mom, and I just wouldn't want that for my children if there was some good and honorable way of avoiding that.

Otherwise, I'm not afraid of being alone into old age. I'm nearing 30 and single now, and doing just fine, so I know that if I outlive my husband I'll do fine too. God has given me a vibrant, loving community now, and I trust that he'll continue to meet my needs into the future.

I just know myself well enough to know that if I end up finding one guy that can put up with me and I with him, I'll be blessed beyond all measure. I don't see myself falling in love and marrying more than once, though I am open to however God may lead.

As someone already stated, I have no idea what I would do as a widower. What I do know is that if I left a widow behind, I would want nothing less than for her to be lonely in my absence, fostering some kind of necro-loyalty to her past spouse. If God arranged a meeting between her and another man that was worth her marital commitment, then I would be more than happy if she would accept and return his love...

[quote name='hierochloe' date='Aug 16 2005, 05:47 PM'].....if I left a widow behind, I would want nothing less than for her to be lonely in my absence, fostering some kind of necro-loyalty to her past spouse....
[right][snapback]686988[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

NECRO-LOYALTY !!!!!!!! Too Funny! ........ I am dying over here.... :lol_roll:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Aug 15 2005, 12:34 AM']I think the only way I'd consider getting remarried would be if I had small children and needed a man around the house. I have a good friend who's a single mom, and I just wouldn't want that for my children if there was some good and honorable way of avoiding that.
[right][snapback]685280[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Its not that you need a man around the house, its that you WANT a man around the house. :) Since my husband left I have waited until my children are grown to look for another relationship. My youngest just turned 18 :)

[quote name='hierochloe' date='Aug 17 2005, 07:53 PM']Sorry - that was kind of an insensitive way to put it.  :mellow:
[right][snapback]688323[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No apology is necessary at all..... I thoroughly enjoy your wit. Unless you didnt mean to be funny.......if thats the case, I still thought the phrase was hilarious!