An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which sport is the best?

Didacus

Which of these is the best sprot?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Cam42' date='Aug 3 2005, 04:33 PM']Pardon?  The Yankee's ROCK!!!!!!

The team of destiny......the team of the century......the best baseball team ever.  No other team even comes close.  Not even the Dodgers.....

And for those who might be interested......ahem.....they are now three games ahead of the Twins.

[url="http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=nyy"]New York, New York....[/url]
[right][snapback]670527[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
where is your detroit spirit my friend? You should know how we roll in detroit when it comes to sports. Even if the lions are doing bad they still sell out. Remember the good ole barry sanders days? I miss that man. Tigers are gettin a little better they just need an ace on their pitching staff. offensively they are pretty good though.

Anastasia13

On second thought, bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling bowling. Did I mention I like bowling?

infinitelord1

[quote name='Didacus' date='Jul 29 2005, 10:56 AM']My choice is well known...  but I thought we could discuss amongst ourselves the different sports here, rather than dirty up the hockey thread which by respect to the spirit of the Rocket should be maintained without blemish from other 'sports'.

FYI, my second choice on the list is 'chess'...
[right][snapback]663751[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i would own you in a game of chess........anybody wanna play?

I wish I could vote for hockey another 30 or so times... but I won't... that would be nseaky, underhanded and darn right cheating! but..........

And NO, dancing is NOT A SPORT! Neither is baseball and basketball when I think of it.

Soccer is respectable, and football is in the 'sorta ok' category.

sport Audio pronunciation of "sport" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)
n.

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

Dance fits that first category from dictionary.com ,so yes,dance is a sport . :P:

Oh... oh.... oh....
And dictionary.com is an authority on... er... on? on?

[b]
NOTHING!
[/b]

SPORT: as defined by the authoritive authority of [b]Didacus corp.[/b],[i] [b]the free T-shirt people.[/b][/i]

SPORT: example: HOCKEY! Chess. A physical or MENTAL exercise praticed within the context of a competition and a set of rules that provides adequate challenge to individuals within their personnal quest for excellence.

Antonymes: Baseball, Basketball, dancing and synchronised anything.

[i]The long haired Crisnut has spoken![/i] :smokey:

infinitelord1

Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

Go Detroit Lions!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Tony' date='Aug 17 2005, 12:54 PM']wait.. am I the only one that knows what Australian Rules Football is?
[right][snapback]687806[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yes