An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which sport is the best?

Didacus

Which of these is the best sprot?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Aug 3 2005, 06:33 PM']Pardon?  The Yankee's ROCK!!!!!!

The team of destiny......the team of the century......the best baseball team ever.  No other team even comes close.  Not even the Dodgers.....

And for those who might be interested......ahem.....they are now three games ahead of the Twins.

[url="http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=nyy"]New York, New York....[/url]
[right][snapback]670527[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You must be kidding!!!

I'd be one happy New Yorker (yes, I'm from the city) if Yankee Stadium was chipped off the Bronx with a pick and sent floating into the Atlantic Ocean.

Now THAT makes me happy. :D:

[quote name='Carrie' date='Aug 3 2005, 08:56 PM']You must be kidding!!!

I'd be one happy New Yorker (yes, I'm from the city) if Yankee Stadium was chipped off the Bronx with a pick and sent floating into the Atlantic Ocean.
Now THAT makes me happy.  :D:
[right][snapback]670780[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It will be, for a better and more powerful Yankee Stadium.....

God Bless the Yankess, team that I love.....

Stand behind her and guide her, from the heights to the light up above.....

From the mountain, to the prairies, to the ocean.....oh, that isn't how the song goes.....my bad.....

Go Yanks.

Guest Eremite

*cough, cough*

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=33664&view=findpost&p=668006"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...ndpost&p=668006[/url]

4.5 games out and fading fast.

I know reality is hard to face, Cam.

:smokey:

[quote name='Cam42' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:14 PM']It will be, for a better and more powerful Yankee Stadium.....

God Bless the Yankess, team that I love.....

Stand behind her and guide her, from the heights to the light up above.....

From the mountain, to the prairies, to the ocean.....oh, that isn't how the song goes.....my bad.....

Go Yanks.
[right][snapback]670814[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Waste of money if you ask me.

Steinbrenner + Bloomberg = :annoyed:

Cam, I think our future marriage is doomed (LET'S GO METS!!!)

[quote name='Carrie' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:08 PM']Waste of money if you ask me.

Steinbrenner + Bloomberg =  :annoyed:
Cam, I think our future marriage is doomed  (LET'S GO METS!!!)
[right][snapback]670933[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Don't you mean the Dominican National team?

[quote name='Cam42' date='Aug 4 2005, 12:19 AM']Don't you mean the Dominican National team?
[right][snapback]670942[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:blink:

:lol_roll:

Piazza is Dominican? Go figure!

Soccer 15 SWC

By far soccer is the best. Nothing compares to the strategy, tactics, having a world cup were the word world actually means world, and the demand to be in peak shape. I just love that sport.

[quote name='DeeDee' date='Aug 2 2005, 06:16 PM']I noticed you didn't include swimming which is by far the healthiest form of exercise there is, IMHO, that is. As a former competitive swimmer, I have to say that swimming tops everything. But I play a mean game of table tennis. :breakdance:  :breakdance:
[right][snapback]668882[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey! Where were you when I was trying to defend swimming earlier???? I was all alone!!!

Ps- What does IMHO mean?

I used to swim too! Now, I coach. SWIMMING ROCKS!!

FlyLikeABird

Karate first, soccer second and then (the Canadian says) CURLING. Brooms, Ice and rocks what could be better on a river deep in midwinter? :blink: :wacko: :D:

infinitelord1

[quote name='Cam42' date='Aug 3 2005, 10:19 PM']Don't you mean the Dominican National team?
[right][snapback]670942[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
flint used to be 313..........that all changed a long time ago

infinitelord1

[quote name='FlyLikeABird' date='Aug 5 2005, 06:02 AM']Karate first, soccer second and then (the Canadian says) CURLING. Brooms, Ice and rocks what could be better on a river deep in midwinter? :blink: :wacko: :D:
[right][snapback]672891[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
ive always wanted to try that.........i cant skate worth a lick though

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Football is by far the greatest spectator sport. There's so much intensity and you can have high scoring games and low scoring games and both are very enjoyable.

Soccer is a great kid's sport and it's even enjoyable to play, but as a spectator sport it's about as much fun as watching grass grow. 90 minutes of 'action' and if a single goal is scored it's a high scoring affair.