An Old School Catholic Message Board

John 6 (I need help for a reply)

john6:63

[quote] I think there is one out there called "Eucharistic Miracles" catchy title huh?[/quote]

That is a really really good book. I'm constantly buying a new copy of it because I'm always giving it out.

I would recommend that book to anyone and everyone

thessalonian

Opher's post remineded me of this. Just a quick note as well. Be careful when you are explaining the Eucharist that you do not rule out by your words the symbolic and spiritual. I see many Catholics on the net make this mistake. The problem with Protestantism is not the recognition of the spiritual or symbolic but the denial of the real. Jesus says "I am the bread of life". That is metaphore. He says "the flesh profit nothing, the spirit gives life". That shows that the sacrament is of spritual benefit. Also with regard to belief the sacraement is spiritual. Yet, "MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD AND MY BLOOD IS TRUE DRINK" cannot be taken as anything but literal.

[quote name='thessalonian' date='Jul 28 2005, 09:43 AM'] Yet, "MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD AND MY BLOOD IS TRUE DRINK" cannot be taken as anything but literal.
[right][snapback]662362[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have met people that "want to believe it but don't UNDERSTAND it." That I have found is their stumbling block. They want to be able to wrap their brain around it before they accept it.

I tell them the truth, I don't understand it either. I don't understand how God made something out of nothing. I don't understand manna in the desert. I don't understand the Ressurection. So for what I don't understand I trust.

God knows what He is about, I'm just along for the ride. And I am having the time of my life.

hey, welcome to the church. i hope you learn so much about the faith for it is GREAT.

also, let it be known that even when you do reply to this guy, and even if you're reply is the greatest example of catholic theology and belief, there will never, EVER be an end to people like this guy who would fight you forever to tell you that you are wrong.

welcome to the catholic church, where you are beat on forever its never going to end. I dont say this to discourage you, but to envigorrate you. love every second of it!. :): Bask out openly in the truth, it is the summer sun, and for some reason there are alot of people that dont wnat you to feel it.

and dont forget you are never alone!

:taco: :taco: :taco:

[quote name='Sirklawd' date='Jul 28 2005, 04:19 PM'].

also, let it be known that even when you do reply to this guy, and even if you're reply is the greatest example of catholic theology and belief, there will never, EVER be an end to people like this guy who would fight you forever to tell you that you are wrong.

and dont forget you are never alone!
:taco: :taco: :taco:
[right][snapback]662873[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

Regarding the faith I will DISCUSS it with anyone.
For the people who are in it to ARGUE, ain't happening. I don't have the time. Those kind of people are better left to the Holy Spirit.