An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rapture!

Brother Adam

[quote]He is.[/quote]

I be.

[quote name='mulls' date='Jul 26 2005, 11:26 PM']my simple thoughts on the matter are that in scripture we are consistently admonished to 'be ready,' because of the hope of the return of our Lord.

i like the pre-mil view in provides believers a reason to 'be ready,' (not that we should have any more reason besides loving God) keeping ourselves holy, so that we are always in a state of readiness for Christ's return.

i personally never heard of anyone who used this view as comfort for never having to endure any pain and suffering for God's name.

historically God's children have been the most reviled people on earth, and whether the rapture supercedes this fact or not, His children should be willing to go through any tribulation at any time for His glory.

that's about all i got unless people are going to start nitpicking.
[right][snapback]660457[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Responses?

cmotherofpirl

Catholic teaching on the endtimes

1.Our age will end with either repentance or a minor chastisement.
2. An age of peace will eventually ensue.
3.The major Chastisement -Tribulation of the AntiChrist
4.The end of the world as we know it.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 29 2005, 02:54 PM']
[right][snapback]664160[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I feel fine. :mellow:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 29 2005, 02:58 PM']I feel fine.  :mellow:
[right][snapback]664168[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If you're gonna be beat to the punchline you always want to be beat by the best!!

Hsmom is :cool:

Brother Adam

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 29 2005, 03:54 PM']Catholic teaching on the endtimes

1.Our age will end with either repentance or a minor chastisement.
2. An age of peace will eventually ensue.
3.The major Chastisement  -Tribulation of the AntiChrist
[right][snapback]664160[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hrm... I'm Catholic and you have me really confused.

Well... the difference between premils and amills - premills believe Christ has yet to establish a kingdom, amills believe he has. Basically Protestants HAVE to reject amill because if Christ has established a kingdom, where is it? (answer: The Catholic Church is the only one who can make such a claim)

The end of the world will ensue at the second advent of Christ (yes inDouche He is coming again and we do not know the hour or the day so we must be ready), however unlike 'rolling end the world' theorists who actually establish dates for the end of the world (Billy Graham himself has done this), we live carrying out the mission to evangelize, both realizing we could be in heaven tomorrow, but we must continue in the temporal affairs of the world (feeding the hungry, curing the sick, visiting the imprisoned, clothing the naked, et.al.)

The "1000 years" as I understand it, but I'm still learning is an age we are living in now, the thousand years is not necessarily meant to be taken literally (see the 10 biblical ground rules for studing Eschatology) - so that makes us amill. "Rapture" by David Currie, is a wonderful positive look at biblical exegesis on the "Last Days". In a very real way we are living in the Last Days, though not in the way many Protestants believe we are.

I'm still reading through material though, but this is probably an area we could all use some brushing up, if not learning about for the first time as I pretty much am.

infinitelord1

[quote name='mulls' date='Jul 26 2005, 10:26 PM']my simple thoughts on the matter are that in scripture we are consistently admonished to 'be ready,' because of the hope of the return of our Lord.

i like the pre-mil view in provides believers a reason to 'be ready,' (not that we should have any more reason besides loving God) keeping ourselves holy, so that we are always in a state of readiness for Christ's return.

i personally never heard of anyone who used this view as comfort for never having to endure any pain and suffering for God's name.

historically God's children have been the most reviled people on earth, and whether the rapture supercedes this fact or not, His children should be willing to go through any tribulation at any time for His glory.

that's about all i got unless people are going to start nitpicking.
[right][snapback]660457[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
now lets all say a prayer and get saved

homeschoolmom

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 29 2005, 03:04 PM']If you're gonna be beat to the punchline you always want to be beat by the best!!

Hsmom is  :cool:
[right][snapback]664185[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:blush:

Read "Rapture Trap" by Paul Thigpen.

As for the Rature, until recently, i've never heard the term. The Orthodox don't teach it and neither do most denominations that didn't start in the US.

The idea has spread of course.

Read the book, it does a good job of explaining the rapture idea.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:35 PM']now lets all say a prayer and get saved
[right][snapback]664217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i should get credit with not bashing catholics with stuff comparable to this stupid $^*&

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:35 PM']now lets all say a prayer and get saved
[right][snapback]664217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey, [b]mulls[/b] is a well known and respected member of Phatmass, he isn't a troll nor someone who has an agenda to bash the Church. He isn't an enemy, he's a friend.

[quote name='mulls' date='Jul 29 2005, 08:05 PM']i should get credit with not bashing catholics with stuff comparable to this stupid $^*&
[right][snapback]664498[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He's new, he doesn't know your history.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 29 2005, 05:34 AM']I was an AWANA table leader for four years. :)
[right][snapback]663531[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was in Sparks, Chums, and Gaurds!!! I never finished the seconed book though...one of my friends, she ALWAS finished her books! She was a Gaurd when she was suposed to be a first year Chum....to give you an idea.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 29 2005, 09:57 PM']We love you, mullsie...  :idiot:  :iloveyou:
[right][snapback]664637[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I [b]really[/b] love Mulls. ;)