An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Latin Mass

MC Just

:D: lol yeah yeah yeah... some people say clutter some people say richness (and having actual tasks for the altar servers to do!)... but I won't respond to that because we don't do catholic vs catholic debate here... :blush:

:lol:

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 24 2005, 12:47 PM']:D: lol yeah yeah yeah... some people say clutter some people say richness (and having actual tasks for the altar servers to do!)... but I won't respond to that because we don't do catholic vs catholic debate here... :blush:

:lol:
[right][snapback]656877[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think that Cmom was talking about things such as doubling prayers and doubling feasts, etc....not the physical actions of the priest and servers.

Yeah I checked out that FSSP church it's like 35 miles from where I live. That's too far to drive for me, I just started driving and I get nervous about driving to the edge of town :unsure:

Maybe I can go to the CMRI church and just not receive Communion.

Edited by zabbazooey

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 24 2005, 12:23 PM']the Church doesnt' say one is not better than the other either.  under Pope Paul VI she has promulgated the new mass and suppressed the old mass, as a matter of change in discipline.  [right][snapback]656858[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[url="http://sspx.agenda.tripod.com/id54.html"]http://sspx.agenda.tripod.com/id54.html[/url]

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Jul 24 2005, 01:00 PM']Yeah I checked out that FSSP church it's like 35 miles from where I live. That's too far to drive for me, I just started driving and I get nervous about driving to the edge of town  :unsure:

Maybe I can go to the CMRI church and just not receive Communion.
[right][snapback]656889[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

A bit of advice, I wouldn't go....perhaps you can have a parent or friend go with you.

maybe. My parents don't go to church anyways (they're not christian) and my godmother refuses to go to latin mass. Maybe when I'm a little more of an experienced driver. :)

don't go to the schismatic church! (at LEAST not to fulfill your sunday obligation) the liturgy is not worth that, I'd go to a novus ordo with a thousand abuses but a licit consecration before attending one of those.

anyway, it doesn't matter if Pope Paul VI surpressed the old mass or not, it was eventually surpressed to the point where John Paul II had to call for bishops to wideley apply indults to those who had rightful aspiritions to say the Tridentine Mass.

I think that the socalled "Tridentine" liturgy is aesthetically more beautiful, but the normative mass of the Roman Rite is quite reverent when it is celebrated according to the rubrics.

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Jul 24 2005, 01:03 PM'][url="http://sspx.agenda.tripod.com/id54.html"]http://sspx.agenda.tripod.com/id54.html[/url]
[right][snapback]656892[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know Bill rather well.....he is very insightful about the evils of the SSPX. I think that his site should be bookmarked.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jul 24 2005, 12:23 PM']I think that the socalled "Tridentine" liturgy is aesthetically more beautiful, but the normative mass of the Roman Rite is quite reverent when it is celebrated according to the rubrics.
[right][snapback]656911[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amen....

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Jul 24 2005, 11:16 AM']but one isn't better than the other... both are simply variations of the same thing.... the Church, Herself, does not teach one as being better than the other .... if this is case, should we not conform our minds to that of Mother Church?
[right][snapback]656850[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I do believe that Pope Benedict himself thinks that one is better. :) I could be wrong, but he has reservations about one and prefers the other, but says they should now both exist and are both good.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 24 2005, 11:43 AM']And I could point out the the NO Mass is a refined and less cluttered Mass than the TLM, but I won't. :D: because we don't do catholic-catholic here. :blush:
[right][snapback]656873[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I would say that it's actually a redefined (correct word for my purposes) latter Ambrosian Rite Mass minus some of the pretty stuff. That's my experience anyways, they are so similar!!! :shock:

photosynthesis

I wish I could go to Latin Mass. I've never ever been to one. There is a parish down in Baltimore that has one but it's not on the bus line and i don't have a car :(

We only have one a week in our entire diocese, and it's late Sunday evening (I'm always worried that I'll miss it for some reason), and there isn't much of a choir for the high Masses, but the Priest is awesome. :)

Sadly, this is the only Mass in Latin in the entire diocese as well. Hopefully that will change with the new Bishop. :D:

[quote]I wish I could go to Latin Mass. I've never ever been to one. There is a parish down in Baltimore that has one but it's not on the bus line and i don't have a car[/quote]

WHAT!!! You are that close to St. Alphonsus!

You are truly blessed! Find a way!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 24 2005, 11:43 AM']And I could point out the the NO Mass is a refined and less cluttered Mass than the TLM, but I won't. :D: because we don't do catholic-catholic here. :blush:
[right][snapback]656873[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolleyes: I love you, Cmom...