An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Latin Mass

MC Just

My priest (who says both the english and latin mass) told us one time in his homily that those who go to the Latin Mass have more insight.

I want to attend a Latin Mass, but the only church that holds a Latin Mass is a CMRI church, who are Sedevacantists.

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Jul 24 2005, 10:17 AM']I want to attend a Latin Mass, but the only church that holds a Latin Mass is a CMRI church, who are Sedevacantists.
[right][snapback]656723[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Where are you from? Omaha right?

St. Patrick Church
1404 Castelar St. St.
Omaha, NE
Fr. George Gabet, FSSP
(402) 341-1305
(402) 342-5510 fax
Sun. 8:30 a.m.
Weekdays7:30 a.m.

There ya go. FSSP, and accepted, by Rome.

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Jul 24 2005, 10:39 AM']Really? Cool! how'd u know I was from Omaha??
[right][snapback]656752[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You said that you went to St. Margaret Mary in Omaha.

I posted this in another thread, but the article may go well in this thread too, because it concerns the nature of the reform done to the Roman Missal by the Concilium after the Second Vatican Council:

[quote]I found an interesting article on the reform of the Roman Rite in "The Thomist," those interested in reading it can click on one of the links below:

PDF FORMAT:  [url="http://www.thomist.org/journal/2003/April%20WEB/2003%20Apr%20A%20Pristas.pdf"][u]Theological Principles that Guided the Redaction of the Roman Missal[/u][/url]

HTML FORMAT:  [url="http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:RI4wYFRDLS8J:www.thomist.org/journal/2003/April%2520WEB/2003%2520Apr%2520A%2520Pristas.pdf+Lauren+Pristas+Roman+Rite&hl=en"][u]Theological Principles that Guided the Redaction of the Roman Missal[/u][/url]

I recommend reading the pdf version of this article, but the html version gives the same information, it's just not formatted properly.[/quote]

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='MC Just' date='Jul 24 2005, 09:15 AM']My priest  (who says both the english and latin mass) told us one time in his homily that those who go to the Latin Mass have more insight.
[right][snapback]656720[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The Tridentine Mass is Theologically richer; both in its text and liturgical symbolism.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 24 2005, 08:09 AM']The Tridentine Mass is Theologically richer; both in its text and liturgical symbolism.
[right][snapback]656780[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jul 24 2005, 10:15 AM']I agree.
[right][snapback]656783[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I find that hard to believe. We aren't supposed to agree on anything.. hehe j/k

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 24 2005, 08:16 AM']I find that hard to believe. We aren't supposed to agree on anything.. hehe j/k
[right][snapback]656786[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I agree.

:biglol: