An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Ten Commandments

photosynthesis

photosynthesis

I find this to be a puzzling question because Catholics, Jews, and Protestants can't even agree as to how to word the 10 Commandments. What do you think?

White Knight

Yes, especially since America was founded on Jewdo-Christianity, Our Four Fathers included God (The Holy Trinity); with everything they did with all their beings I lived, suffered, and died for God and America.

Our Principles are on Sacred Scripture & God Himself.

• 4 months later...

If Washington and Lincoln could use God in Presidential speeches, the Commandments should most definitely be displayed...

...the correct way of course!

LoL, like Poland!

[quote]THE CHURCH IN POLAND - STATISTICS

Total population: (in thousands) 36,684

Number of population declaring themselves as Catholics: 34,850 / 95% (in thousands and in %) [/quote]

Sadly, only about half participate weekly. :(

Aren't the Jews and Catholics right though on this as opposed to the Protestants? I mean the Jewish People received the 10 Commandments a good while before Christ came.

I can't see how anyone could oppose the Ten Commandments. Even if you're an atheist, they're culturally and historically significant, right?

photosynthesis

[quote name='White Knight' date='Dec 20 2005, 03:21 PM']Aren't the Jews and Catholics right though on this as opposed to the Protestants? I mean the Jewish People received the 10 Commandments a good while before Christ came.
[right][snapback]831883[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
well, yeah

but Jews and Protestants use the same ten commandments

lifescanticle

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 23 2005, 12:44 AM']I find this to be a puzzling question because Catholics, Jews, and Protestants can't even agree as to how to word the 10 Commandments.  What do you think?
[right][snapback]655417[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Ten Comandments are undeniably part of american history. It is proper to reflect on history no matter what one believes concerning theology. Therefore posting is appropriate as long as it is done in a respectful manor.

While, of course, as a Catholic, I'd ideally prefer the "Catholic version," the issue of which version is used is really not important to me. The differences are mostly in how they are numerated - it's not like they they say different, contradictory things.

The opposition to the Ten Commandments being in public places is one of the most absurd examples of the radical secularist agenda.

Of course such people would object to the Commandments being courtrooms, because they do not want law to be rooted in divine law, but on their own whims.